Mental Support Community

Feeling inferior

Xander

I'm feeling pretty insignificant compared to many of my friends. I have this problem with zits even though I'm 26 so I'm feeling pretty ugly, and I don't work out so my body is not that attractive either. Also I have sort of lost my urge to study for some time now so my grades have been slipping while some of my friends are really smart and just get an A without even trying. Also many of them are in relationships while I never even had a girlfriend. I've also become pretty tired and don't take the initiative that much anymore when it comes to doing things like organizing parties or going to the movies.

All these things mounts up to one monumental feeling of inferiority. How does one snap out of it and build up the self-respect? I'm sort of a klutz and have managed for some time to make a joke of my mistakes but that essentially makes me into the "group clown" and makes it hard for people to take me seriously. I've thought about getting some sort of hobby but I barely have the energy to pass all my courses since it's a pretty though education.

I've thought about taking command of the situation by just go and excersise, claim a hobby and get control of my life. But then I usually think about how many times I've tried to get an interest in the world but usually it doesn't amount to my expectations. Usually my expectation is to meet "the girl of my dreams" but I have never actually come close yet. The girlfriend-thing is in the centre of it I guess, since I basically I can't see the point with something unless I've met my girlfriend through it and though everyone who cares about me try to tell me to stop thinking about it I just can't, and I don't really think they understand what I'm going through either...

Do you think you could try and not compare yourself to your friends so much? Just from my standpoint, I never compare myself to anyone. I mean if your friends all the sudden started doing really bad, would that make you feel better about yourself? As for as the facial problems, Im going to assume that you already tried stuff like proactive and other sorts of things like that. You might want to go to a dermatologist and he might have some good suggestions for you. With working out and lifting weights, its good not to overdue it and have these big long routines all planned because you might hurt yourself or burn yourself out really fast especially if youre not quite sure what your doing, but its important to know that you cant transform your body in a few weeks and have these unattainable goals for yourself but even just doing some pushups and simple things like that to give you alittle break from studying can make you feel better and give you more energy and I gaurentee that you will notice a difference in your body in just a couple days.

Archived