Mental Support Community

Struggle

Wow, Cant, thank you for telling us about it instead of doing it.

The first thing, I guess, is, what can you do to make it harder to use? Go out in public, go over to a friend's house, go to a movie? Something, to give you time for the craving to pass.

The other question, though, is, can you identify what brings the cravings on? Is it a mood, something you're saying to yourself, some common thing that you can pick out? Maybe that's also something you can use, in the long run.

How about telling us, if it's not too private, what are your reasons for not doing it? Maybe it will help to focus your attention on those.

• 2 weeks later...
The first thing, I guess, is, what can you do to make it harder to use? Go out in public, go over to a friend's house, go to a movie? Something, to give you time for the craving to pass.

The last few times ive been by myself and my mind gets too wrapped up in it and I dont even think to do anything else. Its just like im going back and forth with myself and I wouldnt be satisfied intill I decide whether Im going to do it or not that day. But once I settle on whether I will, then it usually gets alot easier but sometimes it takes a long while to get there.

The other question, though, is, can you identify what brings the cravings on? Is it a mood, something you're saying to yourself, some common thing that you can pick out? Maybe that's also something you can use, in the long run.

Not really, but usually I guess it'll pop into my head in someway and I may be thinking about it off and on for afew days but it doesnt bother me everytime that happens either. Sometimes Ive had dreams about it and that would feel strong to me and bring it on.

I feel stupid for writing it though now, I feel like I should delete it but im probably not going to i guess.

Can'tGiveItAway, I think a lot of people can relate to wanting to change their brain state! :D It's just that some methods are a disaster :(

You are a creative person, are you conscious of the shifts you make when you go into song writing mode? Do you draw or paint? Have you tried meditation? Physical movement can change where you are in your brain.

On the other side of things, are there modes you may get stuck in that are negative and are difficult to resolve, leaving you more likely to not care if you get self destructive?

We are such a mix of things... hope things are ok for you today! :D

Archived