Mental Support Community

Conflict Resolution: A Group Discussion

malign

I have trouble with conflict too. I don't have a problem so much with resolving conflict, but I do have some difficulty dealing with the disharmony while it is happening. I always have a desire to mediate and help make peace. So oddly enough I seem to often find myself in the middle of things, even away from the site. When the conflict involves people that I care about on the opposite ends of things that's when it becomes very painful to me. Probably not so much about the conflict itself for me, but the disharmony.

I think it's mostly temperament. I appreciate peace and harmony. I have a hope that people will get along with one another. I like to see people working together and helping one another.

Another thing to consider in conflict resolution would be what to do when you come to understand that you've been wrong or said some hurtful things. I have some hands on experience with this. :D I think the best way to handle this would be to own up to your mistakes and apologize for them. Learn from what happened. Be aware of your mistakes, but try to be gentle with yourself too.

Archived