Mental Support Community

What do you do?

tobeistohope

What do you do when you are depressed and feel out of control, but you have felt this way before and have never done anything stupid, but you are not even sure how out of control you are? I feel so on the edge right now. I took 3 klonipins, hoping that will just put me to sleep. I'm depressed, angry, lonely and all I want is for someone to hold me, but there is no one. :( :mad: :confused:

TBITH,

I hope the pills work for you. While you're waiting, perhaps you could put some nice soothing music on, and go find a Teddy bear to hug. I also try to practice breathing. Deep one in for 2 counts, then out for 8 counts. Repeat it four times and see if you feel a little more relaxed. A hot water bottle also helps. I know this doesn't quite make up for a warm body beside you, but {{{{{HUGS }}}} to you. I hope you sleep well.

Thank you both. I did do some deep breathing last night, which helped until the pills kicked in. I have been so angry lately, I blew up at my kids twice last week and for the first time in their lives,( they are 15 and 16) they heard me say the f word. I feel so bad. I sent a couple of angry texts to my therapist last night with a lot of bad words in them. He says it's perfectly ok to do that when I need to. Not sure what has brought on this anger, but I sure need to work it out! Thanks!

Archived