Mental Support Community

Depression

jpasqual

Hi Paula - Things are going better - I have my moments - But I've learned to cope with my disappointments - The support I have gotten from you and my friends have gotten me through my darkest moments - I'm grateful to have the friends I have. Thank you soo much -God Bless you and all my best to you and your family - Please keep in touch

Hi Jpasquel

Nice to hear from you again! Been some time hasn't it?

How you coping now? Are things still the same or have they got any worst? Is your wife still adamant that she want's nothing to do with you?

I was thinking, with your wife treating you the way she has of late, do you not think that she could of met someone and she's treating you like she is, because of the guilt of meeting someone else? I don't mean to put a dampner on your spirits but it does seem a bit strange doesn't it?

Anyway, enough of that for the time being.

How has your Christmas been? Have you spent it with any of the family? Have you heard me, it's all question's. I think it's because I've not heard of you for a while? You have crossed my mind though, on more than one occasion, but thought it best to sit back and wait till I hear of you, as no news is good news?

I've had a very quiet Christmas really. Not been to good. Boxing day and the day after that I was in bed with what I think must of been a touch of the flu? Couldn't stop sneezing and blowing my nose, but didn't have a temperature though!

This morning (Monday) I had to be at my Doctors for 9.45am for Blood test AGAIN! Well, what a commotion that was! I hate going to the Docs anyway, and when I get there, I can't wait to get out! Anyway, these blood test that I had to have took, was because my blood pressure and heart rate was to high and fast. So my doc said that he wanted to know what was causing this, before he put me on any kind of medication? He reckon's it's got a lot to do with my mental health and the illnesses that I'm suffering with, (Manic Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia,) He said that he is rather concerned, because my dad died of a heart attack nearly 5yrs ago and he was only 64yrs old, so that leaves me 19yrs left. I don't think thats to bad do you?

To be honest, it wouldn't bother me if I went tomorrow? He told me to stop getting all worked up and try not to worry! That's like asking if the pope's a catholic! Anyway, I went for these blood test & I thought they wasn't going to leave me any blood left, with the amount they took out of me. I've got to go back next Tuesday to see him when he gets the results. Fingers crossed!

Please reply and let me know how your Christmas has been?

Take care!

After the worst was over -- I was at about 70% of what I was -- I found a CBT/REBT therapist [ he came from the Albert Ellis Institute]. He helped me a lot with unfinished business from my family members passing away. The parents passing I could explain -- being old and all -- but all the others were premature deaths. It wore on me, and I got depressed. I did not do most of what I should have done; and, did things that I should not have done. And, apathetic, insomniac, etc, etc. feel like a hypochondriac laying all that out.

When bad things happen, it is natural to feel bad. Even, to the point of real suffering. I think that feeling nothing at all is much more odd.

But, I think, there comes a point when it is too much. It is too severe; has been going on too long; etc.

For me, there will remain some questions, issues, thoughts about the folks who are deceased. But, the emotional force is gone; these things are barely emotional aggro now.

I did not realize how fierce and unrelenting emotions could be. Know now.

CBT /REBT helped me quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I know exactly how you feel I feel like that alot, but you have to do the best you can to make it. An associate of mines to me "Pain Don't Last Always". It doesn't, but it's hard to get out of your mind. I'm currently depressed and it's a strugle for me everyday, but I try even when I don't want too. You can make it just keep trying. :):D:D:D

Guest ASchwartz

Xenephon wrote:

When bad things happen, it is natural to feel bad. Even, to the point of real suffering. I think that feeling nothing at all is much more odd.

But, I think, there comes a point when it is too much. It is too severe; has been going on too long; etc.

I could not have said it better myself. Yes, when bad things happen we feel terrible and its normal to feel terrible. However, after a certain amount of time, the pain and suffering needs to stop and should be gradually stopping as time goes by.

If the suffering continues then it is time to enter therapy because something more is happening than mourning.

Allan:(