Mental Support Community

What to Believe?

samesame

I think the key is in admitting that we have a disadvantage and not feeding ourselves a fantasy about how if someone loves you they will accept you and not humiliate you. I think that an attitude to develop would be finding a way to no longer care what women think. One of the mistakes I have made is choosing to feel shame for something I cannot control.

I think the key is in admitting that we have a disadvantage and not feeding ourselves a fantasy about how if someone loves you they will accept you and not humiliate you.

That doesn't have to be a fantasy. ND doesn't agree with my sentimentality, but all of those thoughts are the way I truly feel and am. Everyone is different. In these discussions my existence(or the existence of someone like me) seems always denied and/or ignored. I could honestly care less about a man's size...either way. I would never humiliate anyone for anything. There are good women out there. Can you at least be open to that possibility?

What feeling is most painful to you in this? What feeling are you trying to avoid when you choose not to try?

I also want to add that I hope all of you know I am not trying to aggravate anyone and want to help.

Archived