Mental Support Community

A few questions about Anxiety

Cbarnes

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cbarnes,

Often my anxiety has not been about fears and simply thoughts around something. A lot of the times I can't even follow the thoughts they are so fast. I find that my anxiety can be triggered by many things and once in full swing will go everywhere.

I recall a day when as the bus approached by stop I wondered what I would say to the bus driver as I exited. There ended up being a lot of chatter over what I should say. It was not stressful but it surely was strange.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cbarnes,

I've got anxiety myself and I find there doesn't need to be a trigger at all. It's normal with anxiety disorders not to be anxious about anything imparticular, about irrational things, or for it to be simply just there. Until I started medication I'd wake up anxious -- even if I had nothing that needed doing, no worries, even if I had the house to myself. I could even become anxious about silly things which induced 'mind chatter'.

So basically yes. It can cause mind chatter, be triggered randomly, be responsible for some fairly strange thoughts and can without question be attributed to something like that.

Archived