Mental Support Community

I'm so lonely

Luna-

Well, the title says it. It's particularly bad tonight.

It's my own fault, I don't go out nearly enough and when I do, everyone else is at work. It's so hard to build my social network back up after the ravages of around 2 years of illness. It's Saturday night, I am alone and I'm aching with loneliness.

Is anyone out there?

Guest SomethingOrOther

It's another evening with TV and some crocheting for me. I'm not sure I could handle company, so maybe that's good. TV is so stupid, it won't upset me.

Hi Luna, i'm sorry to hear you are feeling so alone so i'm sending some hugs to you across cyberspace...((((((hugs)))))) I might not be there with you physically, but I am in spirit. Take care my dear. :)

Luna, Something, Can't....Let's pretend we are all sitting around a nice warm fire, drinking hot tea with toast and butter and enjoying being together without having to say anything (my mouth is so full of toast that I wouldn't be able to talk anyway!)...hugs to everyone ((((((hugs))))))

P.S.

Everyone is invited to our get together. If someone were to bring muffins and coffee it would be welcomed! Or.....chocolate cake!!!:)

Thanks everyone. Sunday is not as lonely as Saturday, somehow. Maybe it's the thought of (seemingly) everyone else being out and enjoying themselves. But I guess there many like us. Glad I'm not alone in my loneliness, if you know what I mean. Now if only I could extend this to my offline life.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone around? Just looking for some company. My world is being harsh at the moment; you know when too many things stack up against you and seem to attack you? I'm feeling very much under attack, like I really have to duck to avoid any more. Just some company would be great, we can talk about anything.

I'm here, Luna. I'm dozing off some, doing research and writing. I think I've done something to my hip now...sciatic pain or something. So I'm finding new ways to sit with my leg stretched that is not painful. I'm sick of this aging thing! ;)

What's been bothering you? Would it help to talk about it?

Hi IJ, good to see you. I'd rather not talk about it really, I find that just feeds my upset about it and makes it feel worse again. Suffice it to say I have a vicious tenant who refuses to pay her full rent (and the money she owes me because I was kind to her all of last year), and wants to fight me in court. Plus my pdoc appointment yesterday wasn't nice, I got chewed out.

So, enough of that.

Aches and pains. I'm sorry to hear about your hip. It's just not not fair that these things are hitting us while we are still in our FORTIES for heaven's sake. It is so wonderful that you are studying, not sure I still have enough brain left. My pdoc says episodes of depression and mania cause brain damage - which means I have brain damage. Cheery thought, that. I'd better grow some new neural connections while I am well to make up for this. Apparently the brain can repair itself during times of wellness.

Pdoc chewed you out? I'm sorry to hear that. :( I'd never heard that before about brain damage... I hope pdoc is supportive too.

My girls have company over today. My eldest daughter is very shy and my youngest daughter is a little social butterfly. Go figure! Anyway they are friends with sisters, so I have 4 girls here today. :) My son is apparently still snoozing...;) sometimes my dad comes to visit on Saturdays too. Haven't seen him yet, though. I'm going to take the girls to lunch soon. Should be fun. I may try with the chiropractor on Monday. We'll see.

How are your kitties? Still love tuna?

Thanks everyone. Sunday is not as lonely as Saturday, somehow. Maybe it's the thought of (seemingly) everyone else being out and enjoying themselves. But I guess there many like us. Glad I'm not alone in my loneliness, if you know what I mean. Now if only I could extend this to my offline life.

sounds like most days for me.

Two cats are well (they eventually came back inside to me) but the third is afraid of the other two. She nibbles at her food and won't eat at mealtimes, so the other cats eat the food she hasn't eaten. (This, apparently, constitutes animal cruelty, for which the tenant has reported me to the SPCA.) They wolfed down their tuna tonight, I am treating them, trying to encourage my scaredy cat to eat while the food is there.

I hope you get a peaceful night's rest.

Have you ever tried separating your shy kitty from the others? Perhaps feeding her in a different room? When you have several this type of behavior is not at all unusual. Cats have different temperaments too. Sounds like you have two who are aggressive and one who is timid. Maybe try offering her some extra attention too?

I'm sorry about your landlord. ;)

Flander, how have you been feeling?

Archived