Mental Support Community

Earth Day

Luna-

Don't forget to switch off all your lights between 20:30 and 21:30 tonight, for Earth Day . Let's have a ripple of darkness across the world, while we consider just how dependent we are on electricity and what our consumption is doing to the planet.

I wasn't aware "it" was today, if we're talking about the same earth day. After reading this post and searching to check, it seems to say April 22nd from what I can see. I'm from the UK but I guess it would have to be global..Earth day practise, anyone? :) I think every day should be earth day to be honest, it's silly considering those who really care needn't have to do this. I was so disappointed with my parents last year when I suggested it and they shrugged it off! I was going to go round the house switching off lights each time they turn them on but that would be pestful

You're right treeline. Earthday is April 22nd. I agree with you....everyday should be earth day. As a self proclaimed "tree hugging freak" I try to be concious daily to reduce wastefullness and do my part to take care of the planet. Here in America....we are way too thoughtlessly wastful!!!

Here is a good site for anyone who is interested in finding ways big or small to help heal our planet.

http://act.earthday.org/

Archived