Mental Support Community

Do I really want a sex change?

confusedboy16

So, I am currently obsessed with thinking I am transgender. I was watching a programme called "OMG With Peaches Geldof" and there were transgender people on there. That's how this formed. I am a gay male, and sexually attracted to what you would call "straight acting" men. I'm not sexually attracted to the typical homosexual stereotype. I have fantasied before over being a girl and giving men oral sex, but never thought anything of it. This really has just come up out of nowhere. I don't like thinks such as make up and girls clothes - at least I don't think I do. I tried girls clothes on a few years back, I must have been around 12, but nothing since then. I like dominant men. I guess you could say it would have been easier for me to be born as a girl, but I don't think I want to be one? I'm so confused. I have quite a feminine personality, I don't like many "Boy" like things, such as football, etc. I guess I want to be the "girl" in a relationship, but not an ACTUAL girl. I think I like having a penis. This may be unrelated but my music preference is music by females. I'm trying to think, but I just can't. It's like I'm getting aroused by the thought of being a girl? Please, HELP!

Guest SomethingOrOther

To me it seems you're aware that underlying your obsession is the worry you might just make a shocking discovery about your sexuality again. I know you've had that same worry in the past. What do you think, is this similar?

S.

You are very young, I would try not to act on any extreme life changes or drastic impulses like that( not that you could anyway being so young....But I dont think its uncommom for some gay men to be extremly feminine or have some fantasies like you have though....Even if you likeed wearin makeup and girls clothes that doesnt necessarily mean you want to be transgender. That stuff will become more clearer to you as time goes by and you get older, try not to get yourself so worked up over stuff like that. Its ok to be who you are, if you feel thats who you should be or are but my uneducated guess would be that you dont want to be a transgender.

Oh and btw, your music preferences are not related :)

Well, you didn't express feeling like your trapped in a man's body so I'd say that you wouldn't fit under the kind of people who would want this...

think about it,

what if you realize this isn't what you wanted?

The people I usually hear of that do this is from an actual disorder in the brain that causes it to develop as a 'female' in a male's body, or vice versa.

It sounds like to me that in the homosexual relationship that your the passive partner. That doesn't mean you should have a sex change, not by far.

The people I usually hear of that do this is from an actual disorder in the brain that causes it to develop as a 'female' in a male's body, or vice versa.

That's right. The disorder is called Gender Dysphoria. You certainly don't seem to exhibit any such behavior. Like Darkness said, you prefer to be passive.

• 1 month later...

Hey CB

I wish I would have had the courage to confront all these questions about my sexuality when I was your age. I too am gay and have struggled with the acceptance of that fact to the point of suppression for many years. Even today I am not completely out even though I have accepted that it is alright to be gay... I think it is great that you are questioning and have the guts to do so on an open forum.

Stay brave!

e.

Archived