Mental Support Community

Faith & Belief

I was not raised religiously. Mom "Rebelled" against the Catholic religion she was raised so strictly with. I was however raised to have a Choice.

Dad never Spoke of it. But I knew he believed in Something after were gone. Especially the words he Spoke to me as he was Dying of Cancer in January of last year.

Yesterday I Mentioned Church & had a bit of a conversation with my Daughter about possibly going. She is Open to it & mentioned Her Boyfriend as well as His Own daughter are also open to it.

With Easter Coming up what better time. Lord knows I need Something.

Anyway for Now. Thank You Lord for Not being Homeless. Thank You For Some Wonderful Friends, People & Women I have met here on This Site. Thank You for "Coffee" & Food in My Stomach. Thank You for the Animals that now Surround Me. THANK YOU FOR MY DEAR LOVING CHILDREN. Thank You for a Roof Above My Head.

Thank You For The Continued Opportunities & Chances to Make a Difference & Change in My Life & Maybe Others in A POSITIVE Way.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could share that sentiment. Trouble is many of the Christians I know put me off the very idea of Christianity - I know it 's deeper than that but hey I get put off easiliy when the adverts suck.

I wish that I had some sort of faith - right now it's just me and mother nature and a pinch of spirituality to get me through the day.

Wish I could share that sentiment. Trouble is many of the Christians I know put me off the very idea of Christianity - I know it 's deeper than that but hey I get put off easiliy when the adverts suck.

I wish that I had some sort of faith - right now it's just me and mother nature and a pinch of spirituality to get me through the day.

Why not go on a journey of self discovery. I highly suggest anyone with any doubts in their heart to look deeply into all faiths and all beliefs. Deeply, do the research until you are happy with the results. It is a very rewarding experience and helps give you peace at the end when your are satisfied with what you believe.

As for the Christians you know, if you know they are not representing their faith in a proper manner is it fair to judge Christianity in general based on the actions of a few? When I was in 1st grade I learned basic addition and claimed to know math. Though I was taught the very basics did I truly know the subject is the real question..

My guess is if they are not walking the walk to the point where it is causing you doubt they do not know truly what they believe themselves. If you want to test it ask them deep questions about the Bible. Likely they will be stumbling around or simply come up with a silly answer. Which again does not reflect anything about Christianity or them, it just means they are still coming to terms with where they are in their spiritual walk and likely still have some growing to do.

Guest GingerSnap

randomperson: Excellent post. That is how I found my faith and that peace that came has sustained me over many years and many, many bad times.:(

I dont Know if it's a matter of whether I truly believe this or not. Rather it's a matter of Faith, Hope & Belief as I stated For Myself only.

I Continue to Struggle on A Daily Basis, In Many Ways; which is why I continue to Post on this Site amungst People Like Myself who Struggle with some Form of Mental Issue.

And just from others post I know I have been able to Help at Times in one Form or Another. And Others Have been able to Help Me as well at Times.

So just the Fact that I am Still Alive Gives me Hope & A Belief that Maybe I am here for A Reason. And Maybe; Just Maybe there is a Higher Reason for all of This.

I dont have the Answers to Anything Really at all. But at times I know I Have to & Need to Have Hope & Faith in Something other than Myself.

That my friend is faith. True faith and what life is about.

Doesn't matter how much or little proof you see or don't see. There will always be the ying and yang.. doubt and faith for everyone.

I survived a head on car wreck at 75 MPH and have no major disabilities yet I still struggled with faith once. Even to this day wondered why I was spared when I have hated life so much of the time I have been here. Yet out of the darkest parts of humanity the very thing that hurts us to our soul comes the deepest hopes and the purest emotions.

I would say the people that have hurt the deepest truly know how to love the most.

Read one of the posts above which made me ponder. Have a question. How much power do we give God in our quest to change and how much power do we give ourselves?

I would say that the POWER is beyond us, however, we must do the work. I think that us doing the work is where the saying "only you have the power to change" is coming from. That is my opinion.

Archived