Mental Support Community

Dr. Aren"t Right!

Leo1954

I was told my mom had at least or maybe 36hrs. When I called Tonite was told she was awake and was QUOTE HALLUCINATING! Whwn I told the nurse who has my mother for the shift she has now been in a room by herself for almost three yrs. You would be talking to the air!!!! She kinda copped an attitude well I decided to go there she lost the attitude fast she knew by looking at me I was ready to kill! I have been going through enough shit for long enough don't push me to a point because I am ready to knock anybody out that is going to piss me off! I don't know what the Dr. has done so I called him on his cell when I was there asking what the hell is going on? He said he was astounded the way my mom is compared to last nite. Now mind you he told me to call family, I called the funeral home, plus practially ready to do what I had to do. Now what I have no idea.

I have postponed my Drs. treatments, and a 48hr. EEG & surgery because of what he said! Then he tells me to calm down, please, forgive me I have nobody to talk to about this so I'm talking & answering myself but, at least I know I,m rite!

I don't know anymore to cry,scream,drink knowing I wouldn't be able to stop but it would at least take some pain away!

I AM AT WITS END HOW DO YOU COPE WHAN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO COPE ABOUT?

IF ANYBODY HAS A REASONABLE ANSWER PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME!

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'VE HAD TO DO IN THE LAST 48hrs. THEN BECOME LIKE OK LETS WAIT TILL THE END COMES FOR MY DAUGHTER & MOM BUT THEN I HOPE I"M BEFORE THEM BECAUSE I AM LITERALLY RITE NOW NOT A VERY SANE PERSON WOULD YOU BE?

Guest SomethingOrOther

It is a very stressing and sad situation. It's clear that your mother is very ill, but even the doctors can't know for certain how much time she has left.

Is there some support for yourself that you can ask for? It might be good at this time to get extra help, from family or friends or counsellors?

Take care,

S.

The sad thing all family that is left is cousins & my Mother's last living sibling left her brother & his wife he has had to strokes the latter one last month so he can't be here which I told him I understand. My grandmother had 21 children 2 who died at an early age.

Most of my cousins know about their Aunt but she is been like this for so long It's a terrible thing to say it's not that they don't care but!

Also all of them live 4 or 5 hrs. away. It will be only my daughter, me and 1 cousin I am very very close to is coming but she can only stay a couple of days.

I should be at my therapists but I don't know how to because I am scared to make appts. with I don't know when! I even had to postpone my daughter's treatments & surgery because what if it's time.

I completely agree with you nobody knows when it's time for us to pass but i just don't know what to do? Mind is outl of control to do anything. I am sitting because afraid of the phone call even though I have a cell Still afraid to do anything