Mental Support Community

Figuring things out.

Waiting

I think I am figuring out a few things.

1. I realize anything I have done for me over the last 10 years has largely been filler between things or to block pain / real life issues.

2. When I decided to leave my wife most of those things went away. I didn't really do them anymore and it was at this time I became friends with my x-gf. Dialog filled the gap. I think what we had was a wonderful relationship, but I had not really learned to be happy on my own.

3. Now that my gf is gone or more specifically the knowledge we will be together is gone I no longer have a gap to fill and those things are gone from me again.

4. I need to seek things to make me happy and not just fill a gap.

5. I need to not make my x-gf my priority.

6. I need to embrace change.

I still have a long way to go. I don't know what will make me happy and need to accept things. The wounds are still fresh.

I think your like me just starting on the long path to recovery.

Those are life changing discoveries. In fact many of the things you have learned I have just learned or working on learning as well.

To a new beginning.. may it bring us peace and eventual happiness.

May we find someone that loves us as much as as we can them.

May the pot at the end of the rainbow turn out to be filled with gold instead of a restroom for leprechauns.

We will move forward.

But I am not walking away from may x just yet. We were great friend before we were partners and went through hell together. I am not going to let that go without trying to make it work and there is a possibly we could reconnect as well.

Most may say it is not wise, but I on't think i could live with myself if i didn't try.

We will move forward.

But I am not walking away from may x just yet. We were great friend before we were partners and went through hell together. I am not going to let that go without trying to make it work and there is a possibly we could reconnect as well.

Most may say it is not wise, but I on't think i could live with myself if i didn't try.

Follow your heart and don't live with regrets. Guard yourself though.. been through the heart ache one too many times. All the best :)