Mental Support Community

Fear

rubies

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rubies, as this is new maybe it is temporary.

I suggest you use CBT (Cognitive behavioral therapy) and simply one fear at a time tackle it with your rational mind. Try to slow down your thoughts.

When you are afraid at looking at things because you are afraid they will break- try to recall all the times you have looked at them before. Try to realize that things can't simply break because they are looked at. Recall how long you have had these things and have not broken then look at them one by one. They won't break.

Guest SomethingOrOther

Hi rubies,

if you do collapse before the exam, you'll just take it again at another time. There's often some people who are ill during exams and it was usually handled by setting up dates for the repeat, where I studied.

Do you know any relaxation methods you could use to calm down? Can you see that those hands you saw are interesting, but not a real physical danger?

If you haven't eaten for a while, maybe try to get something nutritious, even if it's sugared water. In the long run eating is important for the mental balance. I'm sorry you are so frightened at the moment.

S.

Rubies, none of us is sure of surviving the night, but if you mean that you might hurt yourself, please try to get yourself to a hospital or stay with people who can stop you. Whatever the voices say, if it means your death, they're wrong.

I'm not sure in surviving this night.

I can't write more, they don't let me.

and I'm sorry for posting this.

and thank you for being here with me.

Hello rubies. How are you feeling today? I will be thinking good thoughts for you. Remember, if something is frightening you to pull some love into that space with you.

I hope you will return soon to talk some more. :)

rubies I only have a minute right now, but I wanted to say hello to you!!! I'm so sorry for your struggles right now!!! :o:) Did you get through your exams?

Dear rubies, negative thinking divides us against ourselves and makes things so very confusing. You may be coping with very high anxiety and stress, and it is expressing itself in a frightful way. Dear rubies, can you say soothing things to you? Can you find something loving in your experience to reach for?

I hope you will seek out help for your struggles, and I hope you feel better soon!!!!! :o

Hi rubies,

This is all so very much for someone to handle and to feel like they have to on their own. I hope you can try to let people in alittle bit as soon as possible to offer you some support. Is there any other ways you feel like you relieve stress in some way for yourself? I dont think its good to constantly run yourself at a high level, and to put so much pressure on yourself all the time. I think alot of times people are their worst critic, and its easy to overlook all the positives. I hope you can give yourself credit for wanting to try so hard and not focus to much on the outcome(of the exams).

Do you feel like you have any ways to try and combat these occurrences when they happen? It might be alittle less frightning to have alittle strategy for yourself prepared instead of taking them as they come, like have some words to repeat to yourself, or a song or poem you can say that you like. Just something to try and distract your mind or bring the anxiety down alittle bit. You are being very courageous with dealing with all this. But it doesnt make you weak to reach out to others and to accept their support.

Guest ASchwartz

Rubies,

Going to the hospital is not weakness, not at all. If that is what you need at this time, then do it. Better to be safe.

Allan

It is better that you go there on your own volition, rather than otherwise, since you can utilize the facilities, and crisis workers on an immediate basis, and remain free to walk-out, vs being 'admitted by others.' (Been there done that,)(it truly ads to ones sense of self-empowerment,) lessening that victimized/trapped feeling. love and hugs bw :P

Hi rubies,

I think it might be extremly helpful to go into a hospital for alittle while, if you feel safer there. It doesnt have to be a long stay, but if you would feel more comfortable there, I think you should go. If the people are good it could be a good place to collect your thoughts and bounce ideas off some people that want to be helpful to you. And it could even make you stronger if their understanding of your situation, they could offer some good insight and guidance and help give a better understanding of what you have to go through.

It sounds very overwhelming to have all these things happen that your dealing with. Dont let people make you feel stigmatized, they can be so careless with what they say, even people that are close to us. Their not always very understanding and knowledgeable about things.

And youre not bothering us at all!!:P

Archived