Mental Support Community

Fear

rubies

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ASchwartz

Hi Rubies,

You are asking powerful and deeply important questions about yourself and why you want to harm yourself. Any ideas come to mind?

You know, we support you and want to offer you all the comfort we can.

Allan

• 4 weeks later...

Hello rubies,

How very nice to hear from you and know that you are feeling well and good! :(

I'm going to share a link with you in regards to reducing or coming off of medications. If people are going to attempt a reduce or withdraw off their medications, I'd prefer to see them succeed. There is some good information here about how to safely come off of psychiatric medications and increase your chances of succeeding: Matters to Consider with Reducing or Withdrawing from Psychiatric Medications.

It's worth emphasizing that an abrupt withdrawal from anti-psychotic medications can sometimes trigger a resurgence in symptoms. If you have come off an anti-psychotic medication, please be sure to read that section especially well, including all the links.

I would also encourage you to bring your parents in for support. They may be alarmed to know you have stopped taking your medication but if you can demonstrate to them that other people have successfully come off or managed these kinds of experiences without medication, that might help to ease their fears. One thread that might be useful to you for that purpose is this one: Can a Mind Be Well?

This thread also has a number of studies as related to recovery from schizophrenia and/or psychosis: Schizophrenia/Psychosis and Recovery

It will be much better for you if you have support in your life when making this transition but it might also be necessary for you to educate your support people so they are not frightened for you. Your parents can also help you find a supportive professional you can work with in your efforts to recover without medications.

I wish you the very best, rubies.

~ Namaste

Music of the Hour:

Oh, if you are looking for a good doctor in the UK, maybe this fellow will be able to help steer you in the right direction...

The mad doctor: The extraordinary story of Dr Rufus May, the former psychiatric patient

At the age of 18, Rufus May was diagnosed as an incurable schizophrenic and locked up in a psychiatric hospital. Now, he is a respected psychologist and a passionate campaigner on mental health issues. He is also the guest editor of this special issue. Here, he tells his extraordinary tale...

Source: The Independent ~ Rufus May

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi rubies, i think u sould not travel to the furute so much. I know its good to anticipate but not so far a head(hope i got it right).

I dont have any story with pastel colurs or long haired girls, i got one with blue painting and 2 short hair dudes that have to paint a pool. its like 37 tempature here really a hard summer and i dont know why i offered my self to help paint a pool on a sunday. First we have to sand the pool then paint, so knowing my friend and knowing me we would probably end up painted in blue like smurffs if not fighting each other to end it quickly.

so i hope ur ok.

Archived