Mental Support Community

Disorders and Issues Topic pull-down description

Sissagwaad

Allan suggested i share my privately questioning in the following:

As privately Posted by Sissagwaad, to Allan:

Hi, pesky me again

scrolled through the page describing 'disorders & issues' and this caught my attention as puzzling,

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder causes people to swing between extreme, severe and typically sustained mood states which affect their energy levels, attitudes, behavior and ability to function. More...

Isn't that serve towards supporting beliefs, it is something external? a brain defect, or something towards avoiding keeping the issues simplified and solutions personally attainable and resolveable?

isn't it, in your professional experience, simply a description of manic depressive, as my symptoms were diagnosed, hospitalized treated for over 6months in hospital (oh mine was even more dramatic, it was paranoid schitzophrenic manic depressive.....oh so scary, lol,) the only scary part was how i was barbarically brutalized, instead of respected as an individual that was having difficulties with how i was making sense of my own library of beliefs picked up in earlier in life.

isn't bipolar disorder, simply a description of symptoms and behavior where clients are either turned on, excited, perhaps even racing, and sometimes depressed....confused by the scope of their thinking ability?

why suggest bp is 'the cause, when it is simply the description of swinging between extreme, severe and typically sustained mood states which affect their energy levels, attitudes, behavior and ability to function ? with respect, just me,

Archived