Mental Support Community

Interesting.....

soaring eagle

Yesterday I went to the dentist got a root canal and then he informed me that my teeth are getting bad on account of my stress?

Is it possible for this to happen? I've been trying hard over the last few years fighting depression with some success and not taking med because I don't like the side effects.

So now I"m wondering if stress can lead to all sorts of problems like the body,teeth. Does anyone else knows about this?:confused:

I don't know about it personally, but I have heard of it before. I do however think that it is very good that you are going to a dentist. I say this because a few years ago I lost one of my aunts the doctors said was caused by an absess tooth, the infection got so out of control that it spread to her brain. Since then, I am almost paranoid when anyone in my home gets a simple toothache!! At that point in her life, she was pretty stressed. If you think about what the dentist said, I think it is possible. When I get irritated or angry about things and don't want to make an ass out of myself, I tend to clench my jaw, possibly grinding my teeth. Grinding is something all dentists agree that we shouldn't do.

Do these things happen to you at all?

I don't know about it personally, but I have heard of it before. I do however think that it is very good that you are going to a dentist. I say this because a few years ago I lost one of my aunts the doctors said was caused by an absess tooth, the infection got so out of control that it spread to her brain. Since then, I am almost paranoid when anyone in my home gets a simple toothache!! At that point in her life, she was pretty stressed. If you think about what the dentist said, I think it is possible. When I get irritated or angry about things and don't want to make an ass out of myself, I tend to clench my jaw, possibly grinding my teeth. Grinding is something all dentists agree that we shouldn't do.

Do these things happen to you at all?

Thanks for the advice about the dentist.:)It can be pretty frustrating seeing a dentist thought. On the lighter part he is offering free bleaching for my teeth. So I think I'll do a makeover myself so maybe this summer will be okay

Thanks for the advice about the dentist.:)It can be pretty frustrating seeing a dentist thought. On the lighter part he is offering free bleaching for my teeth. So I think I'll do a makeover myself so maybe this summer will be okay

There ya go!!! I brush like there is no tomorrow and I still have ugly teeth! Who wants to smile when they know their teeth are ugly?

Quit smoking 5 or 6 years ago, teeth have improved, but only a little.

I can't seem to give up my diet coke however. That is probably what is making my teeth so ugly, still can't make myself give it up.

There ya go!!! I brush like there is no tomorrow and I still have ugly teeth! Who wants to smile when they know their teeth are ugly?

Quit smoking 5 or 6 years ago, teeth have improved, but only a little.

I can't seem to give up my diet coke however. That is probably what is making my teeth so ugly, still can't make myself give it up.

I smoke and drank diet pepsi I guess that is why my teeth are going bad:(.

Archived