Mental Support Community

whats the point

SweetSue

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We cross-posted. What about doing something relaxing? Does that help at all? Ever tried any cognitive exercises such as pressing the mute button on the voices and turning up the volume to your heart? Probably not as simple as that, though, I imagine... I'm sorry I'm so ignorant about this. It must be very frustrating for you. :( You have a caring heart, Sue. Hang in there and keep fighting.

Wouldn't think of laughing, Sue ...

The way I look at it, if you do have a disagreement with your friend the world, the difficulty is that the world is remarkably hard to break up with ... I mean, suicide isn't that great of an option because that's more like breaking up with yourself.

Maybe it's a sign to step back a bit and widen your vision: the "world", the Universe, is quite a bit bigger than anyone's problems. This is a place where meditation helps. Because after you put yourself back into perspective, you begin to see that there are always a huge number of options; it's only when you narrow the focus down to just yourself that it seems like the whole world's against you.

The reality is that only a tiny part of the whole thing even knows who you are ... And I know that, from some viewpoints, that's a chilling thought. Somehow, though, I've always taken comfort from it: on that scale, we're all the same size.

(Ok, how stupid is this to quote myself - oh sheeze if it werent, so bleedin' serious it would be funny :()

Sometimes your world seems screwed up, feels it even. But feelings and what "seems" to be isnt always the full reality of a situation, or the full picture of your world.

It may feel like your world hates you, and to a certain degree it may feel like you hate it - its okay to feel that way. Nobody and nothing can get along with each other all the time. When you have a dissagreement with a friend, do you say right thats it, thats the end of this friendship - or do you try to find some middle-ground, and work on things from there.

When there is no logic to be found in a situation, you could just be looking for it in the wrong place, and anyway sometimes to find a solution to a problem, logic isnt the answer. Sometimes the solution lays elsewhere, and you need to use different parts of all of you. Parts of memory, parts of hope, parts of faith, and parts of your spirit. Sometimes you need to rely on your creativity to solve a problem.

(guess thats what i'd say to someone that wrote the post - dont laugh please)

excellent focus on dialoguing with yourself ....after all that's where it all gets created, or recreated.....4 thumbs up :(

Sue, you were very courageous in calling for help to protect both yourself and the babies. I'm sorry the hospital is no fun and that you feel sad. :o I understand that it must be disappointing. Try taking things one day at a time. Hopefully you will be strong enough to go home again soon. Wishing you serenity. Take care.

Sue, I'm so sorry things are tough right now. You aren't nothing, no matter what you feel or don't feel right now. You are a kind, caring person -- I've seen that time and again on these boards. Please take care of yourself in this difficult time for you.

Im sorry your struggling today, I certainly dont see you as nothing. I hope that feeling passes for you soon. I know its hard to function when not sleeping well sometimes. Maybe you could try to find a new book around to get into that could help alittle. Im sorry if that sounds trivial at this moment.

Archived