Mental Support Community

somthing is not right.

mscat

I finally made it to a dental appoinment last week. I started having these major headaches that i thought had to do with my teeth. WEll I have had some kind of really bad swelling in my gum area. It has been there for a long time. I was not prepared for what the dentist said to me.

First he talked about a Absess. I've dealt with those before. They did take Exrays> Then the dentist talked about a bi opsy. It did not occur to me .. However he then said it could be cancerous. WEll then I realised what he said. So the dentist has me on antibiotics and made am appointment in a week . On Tuesday I go back. The antibiotics have done a thing. The "lump" or whatever it is has not gone away. So now left wondering what this is. Of course the dentist has made me anxious, only because it has not got better and that he does not know.

Going to the oral surgeon for a biopsy , that will take anther couple weeks to find out. Pretty sure that it is not cancer. Because I do not want to think about it. The only thing that concerns me is why it is still there.

I thought it had something to do with ruining my teeth from a bad ED I had yrs ago. Because i still have dental issues from that. Whatever it is , it probably need to be re moved.

All I think about is how much I have done that is really bad to myself, from self injury. And this is one thing I have not done to hurt myself, and it will not go away. So I am left to wonder.. Their is no dianoses yet.

Hi Cathy,

Thankyou for having the courage to post about this - I know it was not an easy thing for you to do

I know that you are worried about this, and Im worried for you too, I just hope that it is something that can be easily treated, and not cancerous. :)

I dont really know what to say, my brain is malfunctioning tonight :(

Just wanted to say that I care :)

Were here for you hun, and are listening.

Take care

Sue

Sometimes I think about it , because it feels terible. And I was all achey for the past few days. The antibiotics helped with that. It is await and see type of thing. And that is difficult. It was hard to write about, not many people know. Cause I do not want to make it a big deal. It is a little worrisome . Even if the Dr's decide to remove it , that is going to be painful. Their is no speicalist in the town I live in , so I will have to have my brother go too, so he can drive.

LIke I said most of this is the not knowing part , that is making me concerned.

Hi Mscat. As you said, the not knowing is the most stressful part. I understand how hard it must have been to post about it here but I hope that your friends on the forum and off, can help to lessen your worry and get you through the next couple of weeks. I'm glad the antibiotics are helping now.

I had a biopsy done on a cyst that was removed from my uterus a few years ago and waiting for the results was very hard. This is the first time i've spoken about it.

I hope you get good results back and that you start feeling a little better soon. Take care.

Hi Mscat. As you said, the not knowing is the most stressful part. I understand how hard it must have been to post about it here but I hope that sharing your anxiety may lessen it. I'm glad the antibiotics are helping now.

I had a biopsy done on a cyst that was removed from my uterus a few years ago and waiting for the results was very hard. This is the first time i've spoken about it.

I hope you get good results back and that you start feeling a little better soon. Take care.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi mscat,

This must be very difficult for you and I am with you. I have been through this, before, with friends, family and patients and I can tell you that 99%of the time, it turns out to be a minor cyst or something benign like that. All of us get scared and start to think the worst when, we find out, there was no need. Nevertheless, it must be very hard for you and the waiting is even worse. We're with you.

Allan

Thank you for those who wrote back .. Yes, I am trying to just brush it off.. Not think about it at all. The only thing is that it is still there after antibiotics that are 2000mg a day. Even before that it will not go away, so that is the concern. tommorow morning I have to go back. I am not sure if anything has changed or I am trying to convince myself it has gotten smaller. I am a bit angry at the dentist for telling me this. If it were not for him I would not ever thought it was anything. I did not need to hear the worst possible senerio. i hate not knowing. When it comes to this , it mostly strikes men who are heavy smokers, and at first it shows up on the tounge. WEll I am not male, and it is not on the tounge.. I do smoke, and do have this sore that will not heal, and have been having these aches all over my body, but the antibiotics seem to have knocked that out. I am also thinking that at the most I will be reffered to a oral surgeon and then it will probably need to be removed which is going to be painful. That in itself makes me at unease because I got use to controlling any type of physical pain. This time I am not in control.

I have not told many people about this. Not a lot of family . Just my brother who I am close to , sister in law. And here. Cause i really do not want to make a big deal out of it. I do now remember that my father had it and it was removed surgically. That was years ago. So the only thing I can do it wait. And I really hate that.