Mental Support Community

Oh wow

soaring eagle

:(My son left to another province to go work for the rest of the summer and my other son left for another province for a lacarosse tournament.

For the time in years I have no responsibities,no kids,no worries,no mess to cleanup,no supper to cook,dishes,laundry.

Now the novelty wore off and I'm missing them being a mom I've gotten so use to looking after others that i'm actually missing all this responsibility:(. Is this the first sign of empty nest syndrome?

Now I must find something or find a hobby to keep myself busy and adjust this new transitions.

I MISS MY BOYS:(

I'm sorry you are missing your boys, eagle. :) Adjustment can take time. I hope that you will offer yourself patience and kindness now.

I have one leaving the nest in a few days too...I'm honestly not sure how I will react. :confused: I think I'll be fine, but time will tell.

Maybe now is a good time to reacquaint yourself with some activities that you enjoy. What do you think?

Take care.

I'm sorry you are missing your boys, eagle. :( Adjustment can take time. I hope that you will offer yourself patience and kindness now.

I have one leaving the nest in a few days too...I'm honestly not sure how I will react. :confused: I think I'll be fine, but time will tell.

Maybe now is a good time to reacquaint yourself with some activities that you enjoy. What do you think?

Take care.

Thanks last few days was very peaceful for me able to unwind and relax catch up on sleep. Having no kids around here sure was weird but last night my youngest came back from a tournament so today is good. :o

Archived