Mental Support Community

Exact definition question

gone

OK, so is it still considered Small Penis Syndrome if you actually do have a small penis? I mean, you aren't a hypochondriac if you actually are sick.

If so, does that mean every guy with a small penis automaticly have SPS? Or is SPS defined by a guy concerned with his small penis?

What if his wife/girlfriend is the one concerned with his small penis? Does she have SPS now? Or does he?

This is making my head ache. How, exactly is this defined? Or is SPS not an official tag? I've heard of a Sexual Inferiority Complex before, but not SPS.

John

I believe Sps refers to someone who has average length and girth but believes they are too small to have normal sex lives. These people only have mental barriers to overcome as they are average and can definitely lead normal sex lives once this happens.

Average size is 5-7 inches in length and 4.5-5.5 inches in girth or thickness.

I have an average length of about 6 inches but below average thickness or girth of about 4 inches. Someone like myself does not have sps as I genuinely have a measurement that is below average and is generally a problem for women. The majority of women place a high emphasis on girth over length.

I would say 4 inches or under constitutes below average length. Those of us who genuinely are small in girth or length do not have sps but have a handicap of sorts.

I definately qualify for the actually small catagory (but I already knew that. The internet is a wonderful thing) but actually, really we shouldn't be posting in the SPS area since we actually are small.:rolleyes:

John

I believe Sps refers to someone who has average length and girth but believes they are too small to have normal sex lives. These people only have mental barriers to overcome as they are average and can definitely lead normal sex lives once this happens.

Average size is 5-7 inches in length and 4.5-5.5 inches in girth or thickness.

I have an average length of about 6 inches but below average thickness or girth of about 4 inches. Someone like myself does not have sps as I genuinely have a measurement that is below average and is generally a problem for women. The majority of women place a high emphasis on girth over length.

I would say 4 inches or under constitutes below average length. Those of us who genuinely are small in girth or length do not have sps but have a handicap of sorts.

Double sucks when you have neither. Think I'll have a couple stiff drinks before I turn in. I don't sleep very well anyway.

John

OK, so is it still considered Small Penis Syndrome if you actually do have a small penis? I mean, you aren't a hypochondriac if you actually are sick.

If so, does that mean every guy with a small penis automaticly have SPS? Or is SPS defined by a guy concerned with his small penis?

What if his wife/girlfriend is the one concerned with his small penis? Does she have SPS now? Or does he?

This is making my head ache. How, exactly is this defined? Or is SPS not an official tag? I've heard of a Sexual Inferiority Complex before, but not SPS.

John

My interpretation from readings and first had experience is that SPS is a mental illness characterized by an anxiety over their size, to put it simply.

It may be very similar to Body Dismorphic Disorder.

It has nothing to do with the actual size of the individual's penis.

Certainly a man that actually does have a small penis is more susceptible to being overcome by this mental illness, but a small penis isn't a requirement for it and doesn't mean they will necessarily have SPS.

There are plenty of men with small penises that do not have SPS. That being said, there must also be men with above average penises that do have SPS.

Again, it has nothing to do with physical size. It's a mental illness.

Re-read http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=24026

My interpretation from readings and first had experience is that SPS is a mental illness characterized by an anxiety over their size, to put it simply.

It may be very similar to Body Dismorphic Disorder.

It has nothing to do with the actual size of the individual's penis.

Certainly a man that actually does have a small penis is more susceptible to being overcome by this mental illness, but a small penis isn't a requirement for it and doesn't mean they will necessarily have SPS.

There are plenty of men with small penises that do not have SPS. That being said, there must also be men with above average penises that do have SPS.

Again, it has nothing to do with physical size. It's a mental illness.

Re-read http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=24026

Pretty good read....people were advocating violence because of an article on SPS? That's messed up. What were they gonna do? Get out pitchforks and torches and storm the castle the good Doctors were doing their research in?

John

If SPS has nothing to do with phsyical size, then we need a new definition for those of us who are actually small. For us CBT and the like can only have limited success.

You cannot change a small penis or other peoples reactions to it. You can only avoid contact.

How do guys on this board deal with knowing that others know?

If SPS has nothing to do with phsyical size, then we need a new definition for those of us who are actually small. For us CBT and the like can only have limited success.

You cannot change a small penis or other peoples reactions to it. You can only avoid contact.

How do guys on this board deal with knowing that others know?

You might have a point. SPS with an 8 incher has got to be a little different than SPS with a 4 incher.

Kinda like Bill Gates complaining about poor he is, and me complaining about how poor I am.:D

John

There are plenty of men with average to above average cocks who think they are too small based on a body dismorphic disorder. These individuals may exhibit the same mental problems as myself but they have a much easier path ahead of them as women won't react negatively to their size. It really is all in their head.

For someone like me, I am noticeably thinner than average, even though I am close to if not 6 inches in length, my girth being 4 inches around is extremely unappealing to women and makes me noticeably small. A guy with 4 inches in length but average girth has it far better than I do and I would trade places with someone in that situation in a second.

We can't change how women will react to our size but only how we feel about it. For those of us who genuinely are below average in length or thickness, we have far greater barriers to overcome than someone who is average or above but thinks they are too small. I am not meaning to minimize anyone's suffering who is average, and in this situation, but they have an easier path ahead of them.

I think from a psychological perspective, more effort should be put into helping those who are average or above average as their chances for success are far greater than someone like myself.

For all of my teenage and adult life, I have carried this hatred in me through everything I have worked at and accomplished. As fucked up as this sounds, sometimes I wish I had a handicap that was obvious instead of one that I just keep to myself. The closer I get to 30, the creepier and weirder I become in the eyes of people who know me. As I don't have any excuses as to why I have never had relationships or dated, social isolation has become the coping mechanism. I just wonder what excuses I can keep making to the few people that I have to interact with.

Got the exact same girth, waaaay shorter.

Recluse I wish I knew what to tell you that would make you feel better. I was 29 when I first dated my wife. A lot of people find that someone at a later age.

I didn't have SPS when I was single. (That's really 'F'ed up) so I can't relate to being single with it. I've always been outgoing. Helped a lot of friends out. There always seemed to be a friend, relative or someones wife wanting me to come over for a cookout because their sister,friend,cousin,neice.....etc. was going to be there.

All I could suggest is get out more. Volunteer, help at soup kitchens. If someone invites you to a cookout, go. you never know.

John

Archived