Mental Support Community

On My Last Straw!!!!

Leo1954

Went to see new therapist yesterday like new psych. but the therapist not sure. She seems to think everybody like her [husband is a Dr] has money. She is telling me go here it doesn't cost that much go overseas and visit WHO!!! I only saw her for 20 minutes my appointment was at 10:30 didn't see her until 11:05 and then let me leave at 11:35 then I saw my new psych. which she is fine I think she is going to be better for helping me on meds that work. But the new therapist I don't know if I'm insane or she is not wrapped to tight she did not ask me one thing about myself what is wrong NOTHING! If this don't work out with her that's it I sure give the hall up. Meds. ok but always been on my own with my feelings and thoughts so what the hell that's why I of all people have to go inside myself and live a life that I hate. Thats why I'm on here mostly reading following posts. Once in a while like now I'll throw myself out here.

Hi Leo,

Therapy can be really difficult to start with. My first sessions I said nothing cept for Hi, and after an hour of twidling my thumbs and staring into space said, yeah bye :)

It was HARD !!! I dont like opening up to people, I get embarrassed real easily, and well talking isnt exactly my strong point. Probably didnt help much that the first therapist I ever had didnt say hardly anything, cept for " How are you ?" "And how does that make you feel ?" I swear, that was more or less all the response I got. But then gradually I built trust up and opened up more, and actually after a couple of years, he had really helped me. :)

Give this therapist a chance, and well if the therapist doesnt help you much - find another one. There are many therapists around, and some are better than others :)

Im sorry things are so harsh for you, and I hope things become easier soon :)

Take care

Aw Leo, I feel your pain! Don't give up! Things have got to improve, simply because of the fact that for every action, there is an opposite, equal reaction! I honestly think this applies more to math than to life, it still sounds good, don't ya think?

Well you probably don't think anything sounds good right now, that is just the vibe I am getting from your post. I wish I could something more witty and humorous like our friend Sue. She always seems to be able to brighten my day, even on my darkest ones.

Hang in there Leo.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Leo,

Well, I will venture my opinion about this new therapist and I don't mean to dismiss Sweetsue but, this new therapist sounds kind off the charts to me.

Allan

Hi Allan, :)

Its okay - you can dismiss me (but ya didnt):)

Some therapists are off the charts, but also I think you need to give things time, to see how exactly they "work". I dont think therapy is a exact science. And sometimes what seems to be off the charts, actually is just a different way of doing things. :)

Although, having said that, the least the therapist coulda done was appologised to leo for being held up - and offered another session. :)

Take care

Hope things become easier for you soon Leo, and that your day is kind to you.

wow....that's sounds like one of the most bizarre first sessions I've ever heard of!

Finding a good therapist is kinda like a job interview, in my opinion. It's got to be someone you click with. How about give her one more chance to see if this may have been a fluke session and if you don't feel more comfortable in one or two more sessions, look for someone who will be more compatable for you.

Archived