Mental Support Community

love

Hi Darkness Rules.

My personal oppinion is, Yes :) :) :confused:

Because love is a very special gift that is given, and recieved.

Sure it hurts like hell when you break up and go your seperate ways. However, for the time that the love lasts - it can be magical.

I know Ive had relationships Ive been sorry they didnt work out, and some I've been glad to see the back off. But I cant regret the love I felt for that person, and in many ways still feel love for. :o

Take care

i dont understand love. i mean sure when your in love and the other person loves you back it feels kinda good but is it really worth the pain it brings when it dosnt work out?

It is a question I asked myself some years back when I was grieving a loss and felt ready to give up.

I believe that love is always worth the risks. It's worth the pain of potential loss. Love opens doors. It lights you up. It teaches you. It helps you to get in touch with your gentler parts. It opens your heart and mind to your own potential.

I like to think symbolically.

I'm imagining stepping stones on an endless path that turns and winds, yet never ends. Each person we love touches stones on the path and lights them up. Those lights are our gifts. Does your loved one bring out your kindness? Does he/she bring out your courage, your caring? Once that gift is seen and recognized, once the light shines, that's potential you carry with you always. I don't know how clearly I'm expressing this, but hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

Once your heart is open and you take that risk, you've opened yourself up to living and growing as a human being. That's what life is all about, don't you think? There will be times when there is pain and loss...As difficult as that is (and I struggle with this too), loss can never take away the lessons. It can't take away the gifts you've come to recognize in yourself. It can't take away your memories. I think you'll find that when the pain subsides and you see things more clearly, you'll know that your love still burns brightly inside you.

My thoughts on this...

Take care.

i dont understand love. i mean sure when your in love and the other person loves you back it feels kinda good but is it really worth the pain it brings when it dosnt work out?

Hurts like hell on both sides:(. I'm experiencing this very same thing and does this ever hurt because I did love this guy and I know he loved me. I came to belive what ever I felt like hurt,loneliness,sad was that he felt the same way. I try the net for how to deal with a relationship that doesn't work and how to cope. But it also doesn't give me the answer that I want.

It's been about 2 months since him and I broke up and I can't seem to move on the for moment to meet other men because I believe I have to get over him in order to move on and don't want rebound material guy either.

Archived