Mental Support Community

Sleep paralysis

sadgreeneyes

Can sleep paralysis in childhood cause trauma?

I was around 7 years old when I saw these ghosts in my room and they terrified me as one young woman was hanging with rope around her neck on the wall beside the window and an older couple was dancing on the floor, I could see that the young woman was more a punk because of the hair and the leather jacket and around 20 years old and the couple all from 30 and up, I could see that the woman had dress like from the 1920s-30s. Everything was grey in the room, I screamed for my father and they all looked at me ugly when I screamed twice, I was so scared I took the dune over my head and it was gone from my memory until I was around 29, the incident/memory just came back like out of the blue.

I visited a NLP center some years ago, but not because of the paralysis but because of my ptsd and he said I had a trauma, but I had not told him about this paralysis. The trauma lay somewhere I saw the young woman. He didnt know that. And I didnt tell him.

I am not sure have I asked this question before here, but can sleep paralysis cause trauma? because if not, then the trauma he saw is something else. But I doubt it as the trauma lays looking to the left up towards the window..where I saw the woman on the wall, when her eyes moved to the side staring at me, this is what scared the h**ll out of me. Not the dancers.

im not sure about the sleep paralysis but i can kinda relate to the ghost sightings. i have seen shadows sence a far back as i can remember. shadows with red eyes and sharp teeth. and i felt like they were watching me at night. i could only see them in very dim to like no light. sorry that i cant be of much help other then to say i can relate to seeing things that only come out at night.

Hi DarknessRules,

that doesnt sound any more less frightening what you have seen, its something we dont want to see whether its real or not or sleep paralysis. The children to my friends sister they see dead people just like they see us and on a clear day being awake. I am not sure what to believe, I do believe they tell the truth and see what they see, but today I would rather believe it is "the evil one", dont want to say his real name, who try to scare people and make them see it, as there is both evil and good in this world and like evil would lead the people away from God as they will believe in these ghosts, the evil like to target the vulnerable and weak, at the same time it is weird as the Bible tells us that we should not contact dead people or contact mediums or fortune tellers, plus it says that both good and evil spirits exists, and not to forget the least that the Bible says the dead doesnt know a thing. Its very confusing and I dont like to think about this as its so unpleasant, it makes it hard to sleep sometimes:o

Maybe someone else here knows if paralysis can cause trauma? I am not even sure was it paralysis.

Archived