Mental Support Community

satan

If a Satanist doesn't like something he typically just makes his own ideas and morality and ethics

But, in my opinion, that can be part of the problem depending on what the person "making up" that morality decicides to do with it. If that person decides to use it for peace and to create an identity for themselves....there's no problem. But, if they use it for the purposes of hate and to put others down.......that's where I have a problem.

But...many people hate just because others disagree or, especially, if they are hostile in their own beliefs, like pseud said. That's where it gets harder. How do you act respectfully when someone is in your face blasting your beliefs just because they are different.

Darkness, you yourself started a thread with an "I hate Christians" stance because of some very disrespectful and hostile words/actions of someone you had an encounter with. I'm sorry that happened to you. But, I also read that and I'm sad that darkness hates me. He doesn't know me. He doesn't know that I would never dream of treating another human being that way. But, never-the-less, he hates me because I fit into this mold he calls Christian.

So....Pseud asks a good question.... how do you take the high road while respecting the beliefs of others AND respecting yourself?

Like Pseudome said. I don't think that walking aways is always the answer.

But is it possible to engage in a conversation with the goal of at least co-existing respectfully even if complete understanding is difficult???

^

|

I didnt mean to imply close mindedness or put you down. I felt you kind of opened a door with the gnome comment... and I gave my opinion on Atheism.

I shouldnt of generalized atheists; i know that some are apathetic atheists, some are the way i described them, and some are atheists because they have seen no evidence.

I interpreted your subtext as the kind I was talking about; you used the word "irrational" and "cognitive dissonance" so I kind of assumed that the idea of a god seemed silly to you. I didnt realize you were the type of athiest that believes what they do to a lack of evidence.

But, in my opinion, that can be part of the problem depending on what the person "making up" that morality decicides to do with it. If that person decides to use it for peace and to create an identity for themselves....there's no problem. But, if they use it for the purposes of hate and to put others down.......that's where I have a problem.

Then we are in agreement! The Left Hand Path isn't a free pass to be a jerk; anyone who uses it for ONLY hate does not understand the true meaning of following the Left Hand. Hate and Love are both important to man.

And that topic... hehe.... I was just venting my anger. I should qualify that I do not hate "Christians" as "Christian people", I hate the Christian part. It's like... if you hated one aspect of a person, but not the whole person, get it? I was really angry about the behavior but yelling "i hate their behavior!" does not relieve the anger like that strong expression.

It was an exaggerated expression. In Satanism an overstatement of what you are feeling helps to completely purge yourself of the emotion; I have no malice towards you. I was trying to blow of steam and wanted to put it somewhere where I know people might recognize my rage. I do not hate you or any particular christian anymore than i hate the sky.

I was being completely over the top, It wasn't a literal statement of what I thought.

oh, and guys, I sorted that stuff out with my shrink. we are on an understanding now. he apologized. he wont try to debate again or criticize my beliefs anymore. i explained to him that i really didnt want that.

edit: as a note, I think the concepts of the "theory of everything" and "the grand unified field theory of gravity" are two slightly different things; the former incorporates more than gravity to explain all the fundamental forces and laws in the universe, and in turn, hypothetically predicting many, many things to virtually explain everything that is mundane.

It would be like learning the coding of the Universe, then we would just need to 'read' that code and we could unlock vast amounts of knowledge. The latter is more specifically about solving the conflicts between general relativity and quantum mechanics. at least that was my understanding

Edited by Darkness

ya being into physics as i am i probably shouldn't of said that. i heard at least one or two physicists say that. i assumed they meant that the equations could be used in other fields as well to unlock more predictions. i was saying that that would be a good step towards finding out is all.

then again to a physicists physics IS all of the world! lol

i think im doing better now

• 3 months later...

Looking back on this topic now, feels weird yet refreshing. I have grown greatly as a Satanist, learned more about the "proper" roots of Satan in Judaism, and have developed my theology and cosmology more fully.

Did you guys know that Jews do not believe in Satan as evil, but just as an angel doing his job? And that they do not believe in Hell?

Anyways, back when I made this I thought of Satan as personal, but my view on this is shifting more towards atheistic tendencies as of late. Perhaps Satan is just part of my subconscious, and I simply believed because it made it more appealing to me at the time. Or maybe Satan is an impersonal force of The All that is both at the same time God and the Universe.

I am a pantheistic Satanist now. Ave Satana!

• 3 weeks later...

Your religion has nothing to do with the question which I will answer in a moment. What your religion DOES have to do with is your mental health and attitude. Satanism releases you from guilt over wrong doings and that is why so many choose it. If you allow yourself to believe that an action is BAD yet you cannot seem to stop yourself from performing that action it creates feelings of low self worth and self loathing. To adopt a culture or religion/tradition that views these actions differently is to clear your conscience and allow you to get on with other parts of your life. We all want to find our fit or make it and as long as you are not hurting anyone it doesn't matter how you right yourself.

Now in answer to your question... mental vs. emotional health. Your mental health is about how you percieve and process information based in reality and how you process and react to your emotions and the world around you. Your emotions test your mental strength. You sometimes feel before you think and if you don't take time to think before you react than your emotions have a stronger influence than your mental energy. Emotional health is the ability to maintain mental control over your emotional state.

You have to be emotionally healthy to be mentally healthy but you don't have to be mentally healthy to be emotionally healthy. If that makes sense.

I hope it helps.:D

• 5 months later...

I’ve been on this site since January and people here have accepted me without asking what my username means or why I chose it. I’d like to tell you, though, Darkness, as a way of introducing myself. I very rarely write poetry and so I expect that the receptors in my brain for poetic inspiration are not so very good. But here’s the first stanza of a poem that I was inspired to compose several years ago when I was wrestling with a number of personal issues:

I’m the daughter of the Devil come to reconcile with God,

I have no hesitation in my claim,

I’m the daughter of the Devil, a child of God’s creation,

I only seek the rules You choose to name.

“God” is the traditional word. I usually prefer “Universe” or “Higher Power” but it feels to me like the same. . . whatever is referred to by those words . . . “I am that I am”.

What is it that you give the name “Satan” to? A feeling in yourself? Something that you perceive to be at work in the universe? In your life? In other people’s lives? You mentioned that the Jews believed Satan was an angel just doing his job. What job is that?

It’s been a while since you posted. Is anything going on in your regular life that brought you back to this site? Would you like to write something about that, too?

I’ve been on this site since January and people here have accepted me without asking what my username means or why I chose it. I’d like to tell you, though, Darkness, as a way of introducing myself. I very rarely write poetry and so I expect that the receptors in my brain for poetic inspiration are not so very good. But here’s the first stanza of a poem that I was inspired to compose several years ago when I was wrestling with a number of personal issues:

I’m the daughter of the Devil come to reconcile with God,

I have no hesitation in my claim,

I’m the daughter of the Devil, a child of God’s creation,

I only seek the rules You choose to name.

“God” is the traditional word. I usually prefer “Universe” or “Higher Power” but it feels to me like the same. . . whatever is referred to by those words . . . “I am that I am”.

What is it that you give the name “Satan” to? A feeling in yourself? Something that you perceive to be at work in the universe? In your life? In other people’s lives? You mentioned that the Jews believed Satan was an angel just doing his job. What job is that?

It’s been a while since you posted. Is anything going on in your regular life that brought you back to this site? Would you like to write something about that, too?

1. God, Satan is the title of the form of god that existed before creation and still exists as a metaphysical entity still today.

2. As a pantheist, Satan resides in everything, even if he also has a "true" form of a spirit that is a piece of pre-creation in creation.

3. The Jews believe that the title Satan is given to any being, mortal or angelic, that tests the faith of men for the Hebrew God. Also, the enemies of ancient Israel were sometimes called Satan, but most modern translations of Christian Bibles just use some other generic pronoun instead of the Hebrew word הַשָּׂטָן as they should. Satan is not evil in Judaism, it's a title of a number of prosecutor angels or accusing humans working for the Hebrew god. Literally, it means 3 things: "adversary, opposition, accuser".

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Nothing makes me cringe worse than reading stupid stuff I said in the past. Just seeing my level of immaturity, and I thought i was bad now o.0

It's also kind of always cringey when I see some of the stuff I said when I still believed in theism. I kind of take after a more archetypical/pantheistic/atheistic view on religion now since about 2 years ago. I still sometimes using the Satanic symbolism and motifs but not nearly as much and when I do it's got more to do with fighing injustice and championing truth. So I guess more Luciferian.

Weird how time will change you. I guess at the time it's what I needed to transition away from all the abuse I endured from Christianity/a couple of local Christian communities in my teens.

A counterpoint to Darkness (though you have the right to be different, certainly):

My abuse experiences came from secular people, the ones you might think of as "archetypical/pantheistic/atheistic."

In my case, it was the teenagers in the secular mainstream who bullied me, shamed me for being intellectual and sensitive, and used homophobic persecution to attack my self-esteem. Being good in academics made me a "dork" and a "sissy" in their world.

For me, the religious community were the only group of people who supported my good qualities. They thought it was great that i read books and had ideas and could think. In my case it was a Christian community who did this for me, though i can imagine Jewish, Hindu, and Buddhist subcultures doing the same thing.

Sorry you had such bad experiences, Darkness. But it can be different. For me, it was the opposite.

Guest Generic

Every human being has the capacity to do good or evil.

But then for people with PDs, like myself, we sometimes cannot see beyond our err... programming. I do not dare to represent all peoples of this subcategory of the human race for I am but a low-functioning wretch shackled by the dictates of my runaway emotions. But that is the sad truth. Though we are burdened with similar plights, we come in different shapes, shades, sizes, and backgrounds.

Im sorry you suffered, D. For what its worth, I was bullied too as a child. Among other things...

I was bullied in a public school too, it's just at the most critical time I was also bullied in a Christian school I was at for a couple of short years. It was weird, my mom wasn't religious, but my dad was. They divorced before I could walk and both got remarried at different points. My mom thought I couldn't handle the local highschool. A lot of my damage was from my dad who was psychologically manipulative with the religious stuff. He was actually the one who converted me when I was a tween, I started to give it all up around 16 but then my mom thought it would be a good idea to send me ot that school. It was probably her worst mistake ever as a parent. In Retrospect if she wanted to send me to a religious school, although religion wasn't her motivation for sending me there, she should of sent me to the local catholic school, that was actually a good school where they don't shove the religion constantly and you get a decent education that's virtually the same as the local public schools.

So ya, part of me for a long time was a product of that... but I like to feel as if I'm past it, but i get this anger anytime I see children being indocrinated, or the christian-right tries to push their agenda into schools or people's lives. Kids don't know any better and are not mature enough to make decisions about their religious or political beliefs until they are becoming an adult in my opinion.

I didn't know any better, and a few of the things that i was lied to about took years to realize wasn't true. Just basic real history or real science for example. I think for me, the idea of Satan as misunderstood and demonized when really he had good attributes is what drawed me in at first; I related to it. But it became more than that as I learned more about various Satanic philosphies. Standing where I do now, it was a good gateway, but *most* forms of Satanism only go so far in terms of what they got to say. I think most sects/groups are a joke or just laughable, but a few stand out as good ones with something relevant and meaningful to say.

Bah, I'm ranting now.

hi darkness. welcome (or rather re-welcome). you seem young. may i ask how old you are?

anyway, i hope things are better now. take care.

Too old for my own good. I've lived alone for several years if that indicates anything. The one thing I reget is not taking more risks, ironically.