Mental Support Community

Homosexual Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It's long but please help

BlackReaper

This is going to sound like a very strange and ridiculous problem but it's been reallybothering and I don't have money for a psychologist. It's very long, so please only read if you want to.

I'm a 20 year old guy, and I have had a homophobia against bisexual girls for the last couple of months to the point where I just can't take it anymore. My guy friend had his girlfriend leave him for a girl a few months ago, and then he told me that "all girls are bisexual." I know it's been sort of a trend(at the same time coming out) for girls but when he said all, for some reason it bothered me. I went online to see if any of this was true and I've been reading that it is. I've been getting more and more bothered about this for the past few months until now I can't look at a girl without thinking that she is either bi sexual or bi curios. I know this shouldn't matter, but since my friend told me this the thought of a potential girlfriend(I've never had a grilfriend) doing something with another girl has freaked me out to the point of paranoia, and I don't really know why.

So I finally asked on YA what the girls really thought about this, and most of them said yes it's true that most girls are bisexual at my age and since then it has literally killed me. I don't know where my homophobia is coming from or why's it's there, but the thought of most girls my age(20) liking each other has gotten me into a depression. I don't really know how to deal with this and I really need help because I can't even look a girl and think of her as attractive anymore without thinking "she's bi, it doesn't even matter to you."

Does anyone have any advice for me. I know this might sound like a joke, but I can't stand my homophobia paranoia now.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Blackreaper,

I am a retired therapist, a staff member here at mentalhelp.net, 68 years old and the father of two daughters, both now adult and married. I wanted to let you know my background so that you would have confidence in what I am about to say, at least, I hope you will have confidence:

What your friend said about girls all being bisexual is absurd. There are men who are homosexual, does that mean that all men are homosexual? There are men who left their wives because they are homosexual. Does that mean that all men are homosexual? Of course not.

Fear not, there are lots and lots of girls, almost all of them, who are happily heterosexual and will be glad to have you as their lover and partner. Yes, there are some girls who are happily homosexual. So what?

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

You probably just feel threatened, dude. If it's another guy she's after, then you can always be more attractive than him. But if it's another girl she's attracted to you, then you know there you can't really compete in that arena because we're talking a different set of chromosomes. Trust me, most lesbian women I've met who are dating bisexual women feel the same way towards heterosexual men and as a result became hostile and territorial when around them.

• 2 years later...

Hi Will.

The document still isn't going to work, the way you're trying to paste it in. Sorry; I think you need to try Edit/Select All followed by Edit/Copy and then Paste into this editor. That's assuming the document's contents are really important ...

I'm also interested because of the thread that you chose to append this to. Is there a relevance here, for you?

• 2 months later...

This is going to sound like a very strange and ridiculous problem but it's been reallybothering and I don't have money for a psychologist. It's very long, so please only read if you want to.

I'm a 20 year old guy, and I have had a homophobia against bisexual girls for the last couple of months to the point where I just can't take it anymore. My guy friend had his girlfriend leave him for a girl a few months ago, and then he told me that "all girls are bisexual." I know it's been sort of a trend(at the same time coming out) for girls but when he said all, for some reason it bothered me. I went online to see if any of this was true and I've been reading that it is. I've been getting more and more bothered about this for the past few months until now I can't look at a girl without thinking that she is either bi sexual or bi curios. I know this shouldn't matter, but since my friend told me this the thought of a potential girlfriend(I've never had a grilfriend) doing something with another girl has freaked me out to the point of paranoia, and I don't really know why.

So I finally asked on YA what the girls really thought about this, and most of them said yes it's true that most girls are bisexual at my age and since then it has literally killed me. I don't know where my homophobia is coming from or why's it's there, but the thought of most girls my age(20) liking each other has gotten me into a depression. I don't really know how to deal with this and I really need help because I can't even look a girl and think of her as attractive anymore without thinking "she's bi, it doesn't even matter to you."

Does anyone have any advice for me. I know this might sound like a joke, but I can't stand my homophobia paranoia now.

I know

Hi Will.

The document still isn't going to work, the way you're trying to paste it in. Sorry; I think you need to try Edit/Select All followed by Edit/Copy and then Paste into this editor. That's assuming the document's contents are really important ...

I'm also interested because of the thread that you chose to append this to. Is there a relevance here, for you?

Yes being gay is me. I know what u mean i do

Hi Will.

Ok hw u i'm still not alright i'm thinking sucide