Mental Support Community

The real issue

toulouse_lautrec

I don't think height and penis size become insignificant if you're interesting to be around. Many short guys have lots of friends, but women keep those guys in the "friend zone." There is little correlation between being "interesting to be around" and having great romantic relationships.

There are many, many short guys like me who are much more interesting to be around, have tons of friends, yet can't find a relationship. Message boards and usenet are full of their complaints as well.

Some guys just decide to keep trying, and some lose interest. In the end, most are failures anyway.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, pseudome is saying it right. I too know short guys with great wives. I know guys wouldn't place in a good looking contest have great wives, girlfriends etc.

Toulouse, it really sounds as if you're holding yourself back. I agree that looks and other superficial shit can matter somewhat in society. But I totally disagree with the extent to which you are suggessting they do. Like I said above, I've seen this not to be the case.

Also, I think Jai should write a book or screenplay, I bet it'd be insightful yet hilarious.

Seriously, pseudome is right. I too have know short guys with great wives. I've know fellas who wouldn't even place in a "good looks" contest have wives and girlfriends who aren't by far considered ugly.

Toulouse, I really think you're holding yourself back. I will admit that "looks" can play a small role in society but certainly not to the extent that you are claiming. I just have not seen it and I've been around many social classes and cultures.

Also, I think Jai Jai should write a screenplay or book. It would be insightful yet hilarious.

I don't agree. My looks, height, and penis size have all made my life much worse. This might not be the case in every short height/short penis/poor looks person's life, but it is in my life. Look up these issues online, you'll see there are many who feel the same. Your generic help "think positive" means nothing and solves nothing. These issues don't have a solution.

Therapy won't help. It will not give me what I need, to be taller, and have at least an average sized penis. Accepting yourself isn't the solution. Others must accept it. I've never agreed with any mainstream, fake advice that tells you to 'accept yourself.' That's just what they tell people to make them feel better, not cause problems/kill themselves.

Therapy won't help. It will not give me what I need, to be taller, and have at least an average sized penis. Accepting yourself isn't the solution. Others must accept it. I've never agreed with any mainstream, fake advice that tells you to 'accept yourself.' That's just what they tell people to make them feel better, not cause problems/kill themselves.

Accepting yourself is the key and I truly believe that. Once you are able to do that, the opinions of others won't have such power over you.

I have a problem where after a difficult childbirth, I lost sensation and can no longer achieve orgasm..or even come close for that matter. Anyhow, told that story many times... I went through a period of feeling defective and ruined, "less of a woman"...I know this can be very painful. I didn't even tell my husband for years. I used to tell myself because I feared it would ruin sex for him. Maybe that was part of it, but I also think part of it was fearing that he would think less of me. I know now that what happened doesn't reflect on my inner self or my value. It just happened...

You can't change your height or the size of your penis, but you can change the way you feel about yourself. When you feel better about yourself, you will naturally attract others.

Take care.

Nope, I disagree. I accepted myself for a long time, but that didn't change anything, because it's not how you feel or think of yourself that determines success, it's how others perceive you and think of you that determines success.

Again... I accepted myself for a long time and had a positive attitude. It got me nowhere. I was still limited in jobs, dating, sex, etc.

Your advice is simply generic self help advice that is told to people so they feel better, or trick themselves into feeling better, or to stop them from committing negative acts or hurting themselves/others.

What makes you think I want to attract others? I want to be taller and have a bigger penis. I can't "change the way I feel" if I don't really feel that way. I'm "accepting myself" by telling the truth about how I feel. People who believe a delusion are not accepting themselves. Again, nobody can offer any real help or advice, because there is none to give. You'd say the same to anyone who had a certain issue... inability to walk, if they were blind, were 4 feet tall, etc. "Accepting yourself it the key!" That's nothing but BS. Deep down, you know it.

I hear your frustration, but I'm not the enemy, tl. I want to support you and offer my thoughts. Can you be open to that?

it's not how you feel or think of yourself that determines success' date=' it's how others perceive you and think of you that determines success. [/quote']

How others perceive you has an awful lot to do with how you perceive yourself and what you project. You determine your own success. Put the control back in your hands. Have you ever heard the term self-efficacy?

Self-acceptance has helped me a whole lot.

When thoughts are distorted, there can be ways to change them. I have done this myself in therapy.

toulouse, I hear your pain. It's important to express your feelings. Things can change for the better. Not by waving a wand, but with hard work. You have to be open to that, though.

Just saying that accepting myself never helped me. Others still treated me badly and never accepted me, and over time it changed me for the worse. There really is no escape from these issues, because it has nothing to do with accepting yourself. You either "accept it/ignore it" and fool yourself, or you let it bother you. Both solutions aren't real solutions at all.

I didn't escalate anything, I have no problem with someone challenging me and having a different opinion. I would never run to a moderator.

Anyway, I'm not rejecting help. I'm just saying there's nothing that can help. So why post here? Because it's an outlet for anger. I want people to understand why I hate life, and I want to see who else is struggling with the same issues and if they come to the same conclusion as me, that life sucks if suffering from these problems.

Did you see the stats I posted? If you have a 4.25 inch erect penis, 99% of men have a larger erect penis! That's crazy. Combine that with 5'5" height (something like 95%+ of adult men are taller), and you've got a recipe for a very sad life, no matter how you choose to look at it.

I'm depressed because my short height, small penis size, etc has contributed big time to ruining my life. What is therapy going to do? I already know all their tricks, what they'll say, etc. Medication won't change anything. I also don't have money to see a therapist. Of course depression is a part of it. But I'm depressed because of these problems. My life would have been much different if I were 6 inches taller and had 2 more penis inches. Huge parts of my life were ruined because of this -- junior high, high school, college. Plus I've had many family problems, etc. Of course there are worse things to be bothered about... but not many. Be happy you can see, be happy you can walk, blah blah blah. That's all meaningless. If in order to feel good, I have to compare myself to a crippled or blind person, what's so good about that?

Therapy won't help me. They'll only tell me to learn to accept it and think of more positive things about myself. These are two issues about myself that I can never accept. They have effectively ruined my life since I was about 15-16 years old. They basically stopped any chance of success in high school, college, the workforce, dating, etc. One stops me before I meet somebody, and one stops me after I do. I personally can't live with myself knowing that 99% of adult men have a bigger erect penis than mine, by 1 inch or more. I also can't live with myself at my adult height, 5'5" or so, which means 95 to 97 out of 100 adult men are taller. This problem has bothered me since I was about 16 years old. I used to complain to my parents about it all the time, and they had no answers for me either, besides "be proud of who you are." That was fantastic help. They could have helped me, and themselves, by having an abortion. I tell my mother that, to this day. We do not have a good relationship to say the least. Mother is like 4'11", father was about 5'7", deceased.

You sound more like a teenager with a very narrow understanding of the world.

An adult comes to realize that the world has much to offer than what the underdeveloped view an adolecent. has. Why not just go about living ? Life is but the sum of your experiences, Just go out and experience it!

Oh. How would you prefer I express my thoughts on this subject? Is it kind of like the comedian thing, where you're only allowed to comment on something if you belong to that stigmitized poulation?

Because I'm sure there are others that would be willing to trade their amputations, paralysis, colostomy bags for a small penis.

But I guess if your in Afghanistan getting killed it might give you a different perpsective on what would be considered insensitive. You dont need a big penis to enlist TL-

Archived