Mental Support Community

I have a small penis

2112_2112

Great thread!

That's a great sentance. I always thought of it as compromise. I've got to think most men would hate to go through life knowing they were the biggest sexual compromise of their wife/girlfriend/significant others life.

John

To me, this is flawed logic. Lets say a person approaches partner selection from a primarily physical view. He/she selects said partner based on the physical attributes and compromises on the other qualities that make for a good partner. How long will this relationship last? Now, lets say a person finds someone acceptably attractive but more importantly they "click ". They have great chemistry, great conversation, similar views on life and relationships. They know each other has the qualities to maximize sustenance of a good long term relationship. They become sexually active. They explore, communicate, learn each others bodies--what feels great what leads to orgasm, etc. Now, what are the chances either one is going to report they made a huge mistake and regret making the biggest sexual compromise of their lives?? I made the mistake of starting this conversationwith my wife. Within minutes, she was shocked at my conclusion she had "compromised " sexually due to my"redeeming qualities". She was hurt and insulted and mostly flabbergasted I could even think she wasn't 110% satisfied with our sex life. I felt so ashamed for putting her through my screwed up thinking but it served to help clarify reality. Once my mind cleared up, I had to agree-- she always gets multiple orgasms and often has to take beaks due to the sensations being too intense. Not because I had a 10 inch penis, but because I love her, I know her body and what to do and most importantly she loves me and thus has no hangups about size, etc, letting her relax and fully experience all I do to her. That's the way it is supposed to be, I truly believe.

Great thread!

That's a great sentance. I always thought of it as compromise. I've got to think most men would hate to go through life knowing they were the biggest sexual compromise of their wife/girlfriend/significant others life.

John

I'm not sure if it is fair to describe their behavior as shallow. Physical attributes shouldn't come first, I agree with that. Usually, also the women I date agree with that too. But they still have some importance, which is not marginal.

Let's make a thought experiment here. Let's say you've met a woman and you get along great. When it comes to you two having sex the first time, you find out she has no vagina, or ass, and your dick doesn't fit in her mouth. Basically, you can't have intercourse with her. Sure, she can still give you an handjob but, honestly, are you willing to stay with such a woman?

If the answer is "yes", why is that? Because, if you have choices and if you think about it, why should you sacrifice a big part of your sex life to stay with that woman, when there's plenty other out there who can give you what you want sexually? Is it worth it?

Sexual intimacy is certainly something that goes beyond penis size, I totally agree with that, but it's hard to be intimate with someone who "turns you off" because of a physical feature of his. I believe It's nothing about measurements or judgment here - it's just about having a basic need satisfied.

Does "Acceptance" means "it's not as I wish it was but I'll go along with it anyway" to you? Because it's one of those words which have no well defined meaning, so it's difficult to talk about it. Don't even get me started about "love" :-)

I understand what you are trying to convey, but the comparison assumes sex with a big penis versus sex with yours is the same as sex with a normal girl versus no sex at all. Not a fair comparison. Sure, a bigger penis may feel fuller, but yours has a very pleasurable sensation as well, it just depends on how much importance a girl places on that difference in sensation--its not an "all or nothing" thing, more shades of gray. Flip it again, you meet a girl, she's cool, you go to bed. Oops, her vagina feels average, not super tight. You dump her. Now do you feel shallow?

Hate to break it to you but most women up to 30 years old are just looking for the guys with the most money, and fanciest material stuff. The women break up with these guys and repeat the cycle all over. I really like placing bets on how long these types of relationships will last.

Sadly, I have observed this also. It really destroyed my naive view of the female nature and has really opened my eyes to just how cold, calculating and downright cruel they can be if they don't take responsibility for subduing and improving their nature. To be fair, some guys are equally immature and selfserving but more women than I would have ever dreamed are going wholehearted "coldhearted bi$ch" these days. Concurrently, there is an all out assault on men, especially Caucasian men but also asian men but to an extent all men. It leads many to conclude that as a male, they are inadequate financially, intellectually, emotionally, socially and sexually (the one I think that hurts us the most). In the efforts for female equality, which is proper and good, we've transformed into female superiority instead. We guys have to keep our heads straight and recognize this attack as well as never letting societal fads dictate our personal worth or suitability as a partner. It is so hard but is essential to health and sanity. So what if a bunch of cruel hearted women want us to believe if we don't have a wallet or penis of a certain size that we are worthless? Does that make it the truth? NO! It just means those women have a really screwed up view or are so sinister it is their method for male suppression. Either way its a problem with them, not with us. Keep this straight and you'll feel much better and mire sane :-)

To me, this is flawed logic. Lets say a person approaches partner selection from a primarily physical view. He/she selects said partner based on the physical attributes and compromises on the other qualities that make for a good partner. How long will this relationship last? Now, lets say a person finds someone acceptably attractive but more importantly they "click ". They have great chemistry, great conversation, similar views on life and relationships. They know each other has the qualities to maximize sustenance of a good long term relationship. They become sexually active. They explore, communicate, learn each others bodies--what feels great what leads to orgasm, etc. Now, what are the chances either one is going to report they made a huge mistake and regret making the biggest sexual compromise of their lives?? I made the mistake of starting this conversationwith my wife. Within minutes, she was shocked at my conclusion she had "compromised " sexually due to my"redeeming qualities". She was hurt and insulted and mostly flabbergasted I could even think she wasn't 110% satisfied with our sex life. I felt so ashamed for putting her through my screwed up thinking but it served to help clarify reality. Once my mind cleared up, I had to agree-- she always gets multiple orgasms and often has to take beaks due to the sensations being too intense. Not because I had a 10 inch penis, but because I love her, I know her body and what to do and most importantly she loves me and thus has no hangups about size, etc, letting her relax and fully experience all I do to her. That's the way it is supposed to be, I truly believe.

FB, you assume everyone has had the same great results as you have had in marriage. I do the same thing, projecting my own experiences onto others and their relationships.

I'm sorry I posted, my own situations been beat to death in the past. I'm really glad your own marriage is going so well, especially in the bedroom. I wish you all the best. Your postings give others hope.

John

FB, you assume everyone has had the same great results as you have had in marriage. I do the same thing, projecting my own experiences onto others and their relationships.

I'm sorry I posted, my own situations been beat to death in the past. I'm really glad your own marriage is going so well, especially in the bedroom. I wish you all the best. Your postings give others hope.

John

My intent was not to beat you down at all. I'm sorry you're so down and that someone has hurt you so badly. I merely meant to point out that the fear we guys have of being "the ultimate sexual compromise" is mostly unfounded based on the scenarios I presented. Now, certainly tons of women break off a relationship after years (who knows, mine may leave tomorrow - I'm not silly enough to think I'm above it) and those women are often filled with anger, sometimes justified, sometimes misplaced. Out of this, they'll do anything to hurt the guy--especially telling him she never liked sex with him/his penis is too small, etc

This can destroy a guy, but hopefully he can eventually see it for the BS it is.

I have to ask, are you here out of a desire to get better?

Let's not forget, there's such as thing as having too big a penis. Some of those men may have GF's who don't want to have sex with them because it hurts too much..
I had 'met' a gal via a tech site and we chatted a few times. One time she mentioned that she was going to be offline for a while because she was going to have surgery. Apparently, she was too tight for most men. What had prompted the surgery was that her fiance's 8" penis wouldn't fit at all, so the surgery was to loosen things up a bit so they could have sex. It's too bad that she lived across the country and we never met in real life. She probably wouldn't have had to bother with the surgery with me.

My intent was not to beat you down at all. I'm sorry you're so down and that someone has hurt you so badly. I merely meant to point out that the fear we guys have of being "the ultimate sexual compromise" is mostly unfounded based on the scenarios I presented. Now, certainly tons of women break off a relationship after years (who knows, mine may leave tomorrow - I'm not silly enough to think I'm above it) and those women are often filled with anger, sometimes justified, sometimes misplaced. Out of this, they'll do anything to hurt the guy--especially telling him she never liked sex with him/his penis is too small, etc

This can destroy a guy, but hopefully he can eventually see it for the BS it is.

I have to ask, are you here out of a desire to get better?

Heck, I didn't mean to sound so whipped. I meant to say I've beat my situation to death myself talking about it so much here. My wife's been nothing but good to me. She's never purposefully hurt me, let alone badly.

Really, honestly I don't know exactly why I did post here the first time. I don't know what better would be now. My situation's unique, probably like everyone elses here.

I try to keep my big yap shut, but sometimes the urge to stick my two cents in gets the best of me and I post. Most of the time it's unimportant blathering.

John

I had 'met' a gal via a tech site and we chatted a few times. One time she mentioned that she was going to be offline for a while because she was going to have surgery. Apparently, she was too tight for most men. What had prompted the surgery was that her fiance's 8" penis wouldn't fit at all, so the surgery was to loosen things up a bit so they could have sex. It's too bad that she lived across the country and we never met in real life. She probably wouldn't have had to bother with the surgery with me.

LOL with me either, or about 80% of men out there. I have to say I've been a physician since 1998 and I've never heard of a vaginal loosening or tightening surgery, but there's always a quack around who'll do anything you ask. Vaginal rejuvenation surgery largely consists of things such as labioplasty and g-spot injections. The problem with cutting around the vagina, as with the penis, is unpredictable and often painful scar tissue formation. So this lady may be "bigger" now, but runs the risk of painful sex for life. I hoe the OP returns, I'm afraid his thread is getting off course.

LOL with me either, or about 80% of men out there.
You must have missed the part where I wrote where she said she was too tight for most guys.
I have to say I've been a physician since 1998 and I've never heard of a vaginal loosening or tightening surgery, but there's always a quack around who'll do anything you ask. Vaginal rejuvenation surgery largely consists of things such as labioplasty and g-spot injections. The problem with cutting around the vagina, as with the penis, is unpredictable and often painful scar tissue formation. So this lady may be "bigger" now, but runs the risk of painful sex for life.
It apparently was painful or impractical before, so she considered the risks to be acceptable. IIRC, she had to go to Arizona, but the link I had posted earlier indicated that the tightening surgery is becoming a popular medical tourism procedure for the "cougars" who want to relive their youth. I had first heard about it a few years ago on the radio.

You must have missed the part where I wrote where she said she was too tight for most guys.

It apparently was painful or impractical before, so she considered the risks to be acceptable. IIRC, she had to go to Arizona, but the link I had posted earlier indicated that the tightening surgery is becoming a popular medical tourism procedure for the "cougars" who want to relive their youth. I had first heard about it a few years ago on the radio.

Yes, I did miss the most men part :-). That clarifies she must have had an underlying unusual anatomical issue going on. Genital plastic surgery isn't my area, so I'm not up on cutting edge stuff, but I usually am privy to widely accepted practices and this one isn't widespread yet. I would be terrified to have my mate try something like that. Obviously some women are tighter than others, but I've never felt a bad one nor one loose enough to justify cutting it.

Heck, I didn't mean to sound so whipped. I meant to say I've beat my situation to death myself talking about it so much here. My wife's been nothing but good to me. She's never purposefully hurt me, let alone badly.

Really, honestly I don't know exactly why I did post here the first time. I don't know what better would be now. My situation's unique, probably like everyone elses here.

I try to keep my big yap shut, but sometimes the urge to stick my two cents in gets the best of me and I post. Most of the time it's unimportant blathering.

John

Sorry, I'm new here so I am unfamiliar with the background of your situation. I never mean to project my situation onto others , I only mean to show guys that say "it can't be done" that it can happen-- not necessarily that it will but it is possible. There's so much wrong with male-female relations in our modern "advanced" society I don't think I'll get anywhere here. Not only do we have our thinking skewed, but we're not in the least interested in hearing alternative views. Most guys are locked into the "my penis is too small" mindset and just cannot back up and see the situation for what it really is. I've spent 19 years with a woman who was perfectly happy with my size and she had no clue I hated myself and was often suicidal because I thought she was missing out on something very important or worse, I was convinced she was lying about her satisfaction level. Now I know the problem was all.me and how I view myself. This transfers to these guys who are trying to find a lifemate but are running into women who have their priorities skewed in such a way as to reinforce in these guys minds they are truly inadequate. They can't see that her values don't dictate his worth as a person or even his ability to sexually satisfy a woman. The hard part is hanging in there, keeping a healthy, confident view of yourself as a life and sex partner and waiting for a girl who sees you in the same light as you do. These girls are rarely found through bars and one night stands and are very rare in the superfeminist societies of most larger cities. It is a tough, vicious environment to find a mate in, but it doesn't define who you are or what you can do.

No problem, feelingbetter. This thread didn't have a raison d'etre to start with.

I found out that doctor Schwartz, the author of this http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=15717 post and another one with a similar style, is actually a member of this forum and he goes by the nickname of "ASchwartz". He writes this in one of the articles:

Urological studies done around the world, among every nationality, ethnic and racial group, indicates that there is no such thing as a male having a "small penis." There are cases in which males are born with severe medical disorders, such as the penis being stored up and inside of the body. By the way, this is quite different from those males born with undescended testicles, a condition that often corrects itself before puberty and has nothing to do with penile size.

So, according to him, "there is no such thing as a male having a "small penis" ". Aside from the fact that the sentence itself is illogical (as long as there's variance there must be a "small" and a "big") it shows an utter lack of respect for the condition itself. Would you go to a mentally impaired person and tell him or her "there's no such thing as mental impairment"?.

In the studies mentioned above, when the men in the studies were offered free surgery to enlarge their genitalia, the offer was rejected. There seems to be a sense among these men that their view of themselves is inaccurate.

Nobody ever offered me free penis enlargement surgery. If that ever happens, I'll gladly accept, given that the surgery will be 1) almost risk free (I'd accept a 10% chance) and 2) effective. I haven't got an operation already just because every information I've managed to find about that points out that it's highly dangerous and ineffective long term.

Aside from that, the reasoning behind the sentence is flawed from a logical point of view - to assume that a small group chosen for a controlled study represents a good sample of the population is incorrect. Even more incorrect is the jump to conclusions that since those men didn't want surgery then they have an inaccurate view of themselves. I find highly hypocrite of Dr. Schwartz to employ such a rhetorical device - he seems quite literate so I can't believe he's not doing that on purpose.

In fact, one study of men who suffer from the false notion that they are too small, sex education was provided about penile structure and function. The results of the study were encouraging in that most of the men came to realize that they were quite normal.

Once again he's assuming that "that they are too small" is a "false notion", as if it were a proven fact, thus punching in the face everyone like me who has found out the opposite through many painful real life experiences. He assumes that since "most of the men came to realize that they were quite normal" the "sex education" was effective. Assumed that "sex education" didn't imply hooking up with girls in a real environment this looks to me like brainwashing.

It makes me sad that Dr. Schwartz can find the time to write a monologue (and then closing the comments to it) about what it feels like to have a small penis but can't find the time to talk directly to people that actually have one and have to deal with it. If you're reading, it would be great to hear what you have to say about this.

I think the good doctor is just trying to placate men who don't appreciate their "shortcomings". Since there is really nothing to be done to alleviate the problem, I think he along with others who like to label it as a "syndrome" think that they can analyze it "away".

To imply that the problem doesn't exist is to say that those of us who may have lost somebody who was important to us because of it are merely delusional.

:cool:

While I certainly appreciate the effort, I have to say that essays like his just make me

*more* angry about my condition. In my opinion, despite its good-willingness, it shows a huge lack of respect to talk about a serious condition in that way.

Once again, nobody will ever think to say, or write, that somebody mentally retarded or in a wheelchair just have to snap out of it and find somebody who will accept them for who they are.

The men who self-identify as having a small penis that affects their lives in substantively negative ways and who have commented to this effect on Mental Help Net tend to share characteristics in common

A certain psychological rigidity, obsessionality or fixation is present. These men are absolutely adamant in their conviction that their genitalia are too small. They insist that they have measured themselves and seem inordinately focused on such measurement. They are similarly convinced that they are incapable of pleasing a woman via intercourse, although they are, by and large, not able to cite much evidence to show that this is true. In fact, many of these men admit to having had few or no sexual experiences. There is an implication that some of the few sexual experiences had by some of these men were with prostitutes. Many may have had only a single sexual encounter. Others state that they avoid sexuality entirely as they feel deeply ashamed of their penis size. All of these men affirm the belief that women would universally treat them with contempt if they were to see them nude.

These men with Small Penis Syndrome are very much focused and fixated on women and what women want or don't want. They seem to view females as ridiculing, castrating, powerful and "goddess like". The "goddess" energy that is attributed to women is less the positive sexuality of an Aphrodite, however, and more the devouring energy of a Kali. The classical image of the "Vagina Dentata" (the mythic toothed vagina that can bite your penis off) comes to mind.

So, personally, my love live is *destroyed* by the fact that I have a small penis. I've been discarded as a sexual partner so many times I don't even remember because of my small penis. Maybe all the other guys in the world with small penises have had different experiences than mine, but honestly I hardly think so.

For that reason, it insults me deeply to have to read sentences like "These men are absolutely adamant in their conviction that their genitalia are too small" and "They are similarly convinced that they are incapable of pleasing a woman via intercourse, although they are, by and large, not able to cite much evidence to show that this is true. ". I can cite all the evidence that you need, Dr. Schwartz, just ask me. But please don't write a long essay and close down comments when people like me show up to tell you you're wrong.

Is ethically correct for a psychologist to write off people as crazy because they don't agree with his or her opinion? I read the first essay on my way back from a one night stand and I found sentences like "these men need to get out and date; to talk to women and listen to what they have to say" bitterly ironic.

It can be difficult to read about oneself from a clinical perspective. I often have a lot of trouble with that myself. I can't speak for Allan, but I imagine the description above is not intended to minimize anyone's pain or diminish anyone's experience. We are always trying to understand. I'm sorry for your pain, 2112. Take care of yourself.

If those who insist that this issue can state unequivocally that they have managed to lead a "normal married life" while harnessed to a smaller that average sized body part, then it may be more convincing.

Having lost my mate whom I provided everything "possible" to simply because I didn't measure up to her standards, I think I can consider myself familiar with the nuances of this problem.

I now choose to live the remainder of my life as a single person who would consider myself skeptical of women who insist that "size doesn't matter" and would suspect they have financial reasons for stating such to me.

This hasn't prevented me from having a active social life. It just keeps the expectations to a short term life span.

It seems that some men are almost delusional about how they think of their equipment.

The cognitive rigidity present in mens comments is consistent with the idea that an anxiety disorder or depressive issue is present

No real work on cognitive biases and faulty beliefs can occur until these men become aware and accept that they might just be wrong in some cases.

It is important for men bothered by the size of their penis to identify and correct any distorted beliefs they may have regarding their small penis.

You are so embedded in the problem that you have no perspective on it from which to constructively criticize it.

I don't know what's "crazy" in your book but someone who's "delusional" and can't think straight due to "cognitive rigidity" so bad that he's not able to have perspective sounds pretty much like it to me. Certainly it doesn't seem you give much weight to the actual physical problem.

Having lost my mate whom I provided everything "possible" to simply because I didn't measure up to her standards, I think I can consider myself familiar with the nuances of this problem.

me too.
I now choose to live the remainder of my life as a single person who would consider myself skeptical of women who insist that "size doesn't matter" and would suspect they have financial reasons for stating such to me.
I don't have to suspect that. I know the only reason a woman is interested in me is for her to get stuff for free. The "size don't matter" women may not have experienced a big one yet to change their mind on the subject.
This hasn't prevented me from having a active social life. It just keeps the expectations to a short term life span.
that's where we differ. My social life for the most part is dead and buried. I do not expect to have sex again.

Is the doctor's essay about guys with actual small penises, or normal sized guys who just think they do?

Guest ASchwartz

None of these imply crazy who ever is reading the book. But, read carefully. Amost delusional is not delusional. Rigidity is not crazy, cogtnitive issues, faulty beliefs, in fact, the entire list has nothing to do with crazy. It does have to do with an extremely limited view when it comes to this problem. I will re quote the last quote at the bottom of this list:

You are so embedded in the problem that you have no perspective on it from which to constructively criticize it.

It is not crazy that you have no perspective. Your reaction to that essay is an example that, indeed, you have no perspective.

Re read the entire essay but slowly and with care. It is meant to help and not hurt.

allan

It seems that some men are almost delusional about how they think of their equipment.

Quote:

The cognitive rigidity present in mens comments is consistent with the idea that an anxiety disorder or depressive issue is present

Quote:

No real work on cognitive biases and faulty beliefs can occur until these men become aware and accept that they might just be wrong in some cases.

Quote:

It is important for men bothered by the size of their penis to identify and correct any distorted beliefs they may have regarding their small penis.

Quote:

Your reaction to that essay is an example that, indeed, you have no perspective.

Let's sum it up: I have had a lot of encounters with women and the ones who were actually in it for the sex were all disappointed in my penis size, to the point that they didn't want to see me anymore - and that's a fact I know from experience. Then I get to read your essay, and find it extremely inappropriate for the reasons I've stated already - basically, because it clashes head-on with everything I've managed to find out with hands on experience. So, because my experience doesn't relate one bit to the things you've written, that means to you that I have no perspective.

I understand you're trying to help here. You should also understand that you're not helping at all - the avalanche of spiteful comments that forced you to lock them is probably related to the fact that a lot of people with the same life experience that I have found it offensive too.

I wish I could delude myself into believing what you've written. It is certainly a soothing perspective on the matter. After what I've lived and what I've suffered I certainly can't. *That* would be delusional and lacking perspective.

Do you have a small penis, dr. Schwartz? Do you actually know what it's like to be in the situation you're trying to describe? If not, why are you debasing my view on the matter (which, again, is based on facts I've lived on my own skin)? Why are *you* telling *me* that I have no perspective? I honestly don't understand.

Let's sum it up: I have had a lot of encounters with women and the ones who were actually in it for the sex were all disappointed in my penis size, to the point that they didn't want to see me anymore - and that's a fact I know from experience. Then I get to read your essay, and find it extremely inappropriate for the reasons I've stated already - basically, because it clashes head-on with everything I've managed to find out with hands on experience. So, because my experience doesn't relate one bit to the things you've written, that means to you that I have no perspective.

I understand you're trying to help here. You should also understand that you're not helping at all - the avalanche of spiteful comments that forced you to lock them is probably related to the fact that a lot of people with the same life experience that I have found it offensive too.

I wish I could delude myself into believing what you've written. It is certainly a soothing perspective on the matter. After what I've lived and what I've suffered I certainly can't. *That* would be delusional and lacking perspective.

Do you have a small penis, dr. Schwartz? Do you actually know what it's like to be in the situation you're trying to describe? If not, why are you debasing my view on the matter (which, again, is based on facts I've lived on my own skin)? Why are *you* telling *me* that I have no perspective? I honestly don't understand.

Such an emotionally charged subject it is easy to devolve into anger and frustration but that wont get us anywhere. Maybe set some ground rules. 1. Dr Schwartz is one of the few professionals I've found who gives a hoot about this issue and to me that counts for a lot. Most people don't give a crap about your pain or the cause of it and certainly not about a solution for it. I don't believe he cares about it because he wants to harm anyone. It is possible different people are writing about different aspects of similar problems and the lack of congruence can elicit frustration but that doesn't mean one is 100% right and the other is 100% wrong. 2. 2112, I have hated myself for my penis size and have even been suicidal. In the depths of it, no one could have ever gotten me to back up and consider varied points of view--i can remember getting very angry at some well-meaning posters online. That is normal and VERY difficult to break out of--it took me 20 years to do it and I hate to see you waste precious years hating your penis and thus yourself. The question has to be asked, is there a part of you that came here to seek help and counsel because the thought of a sexless unfulfilled life is too painful and maybe there is a way for you to avoid that path, or did you come solely to "disprove" Dr Schwartz? I fear your intense pain and anger are being directed at folks here who didn't create your situation but who do want to help understand it and maybe make things better.

I discussed your scenario you presented with several women I know and they verbalized a very different hypothesis for your situation than the perception you currently have if you are interested. I also picked up on a sentence you wrote above that may hold a big clue as to why these women rejected you. However, no one can make progress if they are unwilling to entertain the fact that things may not be 100% as they think they are. If you are open to discussion with anger held in check that's a huge start. No one has a tidy little awesome answer to this small penis "situation" but with some open heartfelt dialogue I think progress can be made toward making you feel much better than you do now. Does that sound reasonable?