Mental Support Community

Maybe This Info Will Help Those With Micro Penis

Having micro penis is the worst thing that can happen to a man in this life (maybe being the elephant man would be worse…but idk…they both ruin your life) I don’t see how showing a website with statistics that we seen 100 times over helps…I personally was hoping for some sort of stem cell penis enlargement brake through…some hope that one day ill be able to escape the black abyss I’m in…

This is really disrespectful of you AmericanPsycho. I'm well aware that you are one the guys in this SPS forum that tries to keep a better attitude about life, but this is just rude. I don't have micropenis, but If I had one, I think I would be really offended.

Micropenis is an actual disability, would you post some completely meaningless stats in a thread for one-legged people, just to remind them, "well, this does suck, but at least from looking at this statistic, it would be even shittier with no legs, eh?"

A guy with a micropenis isn't going to take any solace, 0%, from this link. I also thought that this was something serious in terms of medicinal advancement, but It turned out just to have the same meaningless stuff on it that the people of this forum pretty much hear on a daily basis.

"It's not how deep you fish but it's how you wiggle the worm."

"Well, that fixes EVERYTHING. No, seriously, I have been depressed my whole life about my unfortunate situation, but the variation of a phrase that exists in 1000 different ways is going to cheer me up now!"

I think you owe WastedLife an apology, for getting his hopes up for an actual solution, instead of feel-good karma rubbish.

Well, even if it wasn't actually helpful, can I point out that at least it was intended as helpful?

One of the ongoing contentions of this particular forum is that no one can be counted on not to make fun of the problem, that everyone, men and women, look down on sufferers and think less of them. Sure, AP didn't solve the problem, but he took the time to think about helping. That seems like a counterexample of how a man who heard about this problem might really react, with sympathy and caring, even if not with complete understanding.

It is maintained that this is a serious problem with no easy answers. Then, anyone offering any hope or positive thought is ground down until they stop trying. It's little wonder then if the only people who continue to post here feel really bad.

The question has always been, what can you do about that? It's meant in a positive way, at whatever risk to myself: Given what is given about your situation, what positive thing can you do for yourself to make your life better? If you focus on that, rather than the perceived inadequacy of the help you're receiving, who knows? Maybe something good will actually happen.

Well, even if it wasn't actually helpful, can I point out that at least it was intended as helpful?

Yes, it was intended to be helpful. I try to help guys with this issue by recommending products to improve their lives. I don't make fun of people because of their disabilities. I don't make fun of those that don't deserve it either.

Well, with your intentions established, AP, can we look at the flip side, as well -- that it apparently didn't help? It might make the situation here on this one forum a little clearer.

These guys can do an internet searches as well as anyone, and probably no one is more motivated. Unfortunately, like most of us, there's a tendency to filter out what doesn't agree with what we already believe.

I've heard a lot of guys say "This is a real problem", to which I say "Of course it is." But the implication behind their statement is that it's not a psychological problem, and that's where we disagree. Oh, I don't care what their actual size is; I don't think they're so delusional that they can't handle a tape measure or a ruler.

And I know that people can be cruel, and that many people have probably been cruel to these guys. I could wish that didn't happen; I can refuse to join in; I can preach against it, but I can't stop it. I thank you for not joining in.

I would point out that once something like that happens, we tend to magnify its importance. After one person makes fun of us, it doesn't matter that thousands of others didn't. Whatever the real chance of a repetition of pain might be, most of us would avoid taking the risk if we could.

But fundamentally, the question is what to do about whatever handicaps a person might have. It's possible to use them as a reason to withdraw from life, or it's possible to use them as inspiration to live a different, an unexpected, life. I can't tell anyone what to do. But I maintain that the only human with no choices is a dead human.

But fundamentally, the question is what to do about whatever handicaps a person might have. It's possible to use them as a reason to withdraw from life, or it's possible to use them as inspiration to live a different, an unexpected, life. I can't tell anyone what to do. But I maintain that the only human with no choices is a dead human.

Adapt, Overcome, and Survive. I use the handicaps I have as motivation. I also work with my handicaps instead of against them. I focus on the qualities I have and not the qualities I wish I had.