Mental Support Community

Our New Forum

IrmaJean

My blog is too!! One thing about my photo...I keep trying to upload a pic from my computer and it keeps telling me it's too big!!!

Oh by the way, I like your forehead..its very professorial. And thanks for your help!

I have to go help my sister in law and her mother get breakfast ready now but I wanted to say that this is the first year I am breaking fast with them. I have always eaten alone in my room, but I decided whether they want me or not i'm going to eat with them and not alone!

I didn't do it, M. It must've been Beth; embarrassingly, I've never had to enable a blog, and I've forgotten Beth's magical incantation. ;-)

Hey, that's great. :-) You might even find that you've been missed.

I can tell you're bored, M. :-)

Galleries are another feature we haven't enabled yet. In the past, it has seemed too difficult to check every picture someone uploaded to the site (you can imagine the spam possibilities). We would almost certainly have to pre-approve them, otherwise some pretty objectionable content could get through, even if only briefly (it's the ones without their briefs that we're worried about ...)

The problem with a lot of these features is that they're intended for a social networking style of site, but those tend to be commercial and can afford an army of moderator employees. We're all-volunteer. Some features don't make as much sense in our somewhat more protected, but significantly more concerned about privacy, environment. So part of it is that it will require work to enable the features, but mostly it's that it will require some difficult policy decisions.

'Cause you've described it before, and 'cause I'd go completely crazy in the same circumstances unless I had something to focus on ... :-)

You're not a bother, dear. It's more that I feel a bit guilty for not having taken care of all the admin details for the new site yet. And you didn't say I should; that one's my problem.

Of course we want you here with us, Mary. :) You are a member of our community and we value your presence here. I'm very happy to see you here at the new forum! I have been concerned so it's good to see you back here with us.

Your blog is here, Mary, no worries. I will help you. First I will explain. When the blogs transferred over from MentalHelp.Net, the privacy settings did not. We had to disable all of the blogs in order to protect the privacy of our members. The only person who is able to change the settings is the blog owner. I can help you with accessing your blog. I have been trying to pm you about how to do that, but your mailbox is full so I have been unable to.

First thing to do will be to empty your mailbox to below 50 messages. If you would like to keep any, there is an option to archive. Go to the top right of the page where your screen name is. To the left you'll see a letter icon. Click on this and then 'View all messages' to start deleting your old messages. You can also reach your mailbox by clicking on the arrow next to your screen name and hitting 'personal messenger.' Once you are below 50, I can pm you with more help about this if you need further assistance.

To access your blog, it would be best if we were online together at the same time. At this point I can enable your blog and give you instructions about how to set the privacy options to your level of comfort. I would be happy to help you set up your blog, Mary. I know the move and site differences can be distressful. We are your friends and we are here to support you.

Welcome to the new forum, Mary. :)

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.