Mental Support Community

Feeling stuck..

Cali1luv

Hi..

I need a place to vent... I hope yall dont mind me :0/

I got a new job.. I start Monday...not happy or sad.

When I get depressed I get sad (duh lol) and I feel hopeless...

Right now, I feel lost ... I feel like things are suppose to be moving for me but are not.

I'm on this "trip" about being single.

I want to get to a place where I'm OK being single and if he ever comes along its a bonus not a complete my life type of thing.

I feel like I'm over the place..

I'm watching my life go by and instead of making things happen for myself I'm waiting for them..

So confused...

I'm here and listening, Cali. I'm sorry things are so confusing for you right now. I hope your new job goes well. Being proactive and taking risks in life can be frightening, I understand. It scares me sometimes too. You might start with small steps toward a goal and let your successes build on themselves. A new job might be a great place for you to begin feeling confident in yourself. What do you think?

im feeling the saame way i am stuck ever since my first devorce i feel i was taken away from my family , i feel lost and cant find my way back. my family doesnt understand they just say get over it. im screeming and know one can hear me.

• 4 weeks later...

Cali, I've spent years stuck in that same situation. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you either sink or swim. I've decided to swim. For the first time in my life I'm taking those first few steps to understanding why I feel stuck, unhappy, unmotivated, ungrateful - the list is long. I can tell you that for me the issues are fear and abandonment. And both are extremely hard to face. Two books that have had a profound effect on me are "The Fear Book" by Cheri Huber and "The Journey from Abandonment to Healing" by Susan Anderson. Both have provided insight and inspiration on how and why I feel the way I do (the anxiety, the depression, etc.). The Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lama also helps me put things into perspective. Instead of hiding or running from my fears and my experiences, I want to share them and show everyone else in the same situation that they can be overcome. Or at the very least, I've been there, I can listen. I'm still anxious, I still get depressed, but I feel so much more capable of understand and coping with my emotions. I'll admit it's a struggle, and there are times I want to throw in the towel. But the more I work on it, the more I begin to pull away from the me that "needs" to be sad and unhappy because that is all he has ever known. I wish you all the best - please let me know if I can help.