Mental Support Community

Life seems a bit pointless for me.

alpacadog

Hi, alpacadog,

how are you doing? Have you find some new non-sedentary activities? I suppose there are more possibilities that it may seem...

It occured to me, when I saw this, that maybe it could be interesting for you to read in the context of your anger:

Take care!

Hi, alpacadog,

how are you doing? Have you find some new non-sedentary activities? I suppose there are more possibilities that it may seem...

It occured to me, when I saw this, that maybe it could be interesting for you to read in the context of your anger:

http://www.mentalsup...pic/8346-angry/

Take care!

That is quite interesting. I do not think it is related to the anger I am experiencing. My anger is usually the result of being insulted or hit or etc. It is a spontaneous thing.

As to finding a new activity, no I haven't. There were some one time things to do but not anything continuous. It won't be a problem because I will be back in school in a couple of days.

I only hope I can make myself talk to the school councelor. It won't be easy for me.

I know your anger comes in different situations. However, I thought that it might be good to see that it can be... "tolerated", so to say, also in cases where it migh seem "even less appropriate" ;).

You have an advantage: You know the councelor already, at least a bit (or you're not going to see the one you already have? - you mentioned that every student had to see him once a year). When you want to talk to him more than it is obligatory, it means that he has alredy your confidence, which is a good start. I know it is not easy... However, you have still some days to prepare yourself - to define your needs, your problems, your questions...

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry, your avoidance is natural, understandable, and, most importantly, possible to overcome :).

You're not a coward - you've been already able to make the hard decision to seek help/professional advise. That's something that took many of us a long time (many years in my case, for instance)... Seeing yourself as a coward is also a kind of excuse - "I cannot do it, because I'm a coward." You're not, you just have, except for some reasons to see her, several reasons not to see her - and those are so far stronger that the opposite-ones. So what could you do? Let's try this: Make a list (and post it here) of your "excuses" and of all the feelings and reasons which occur to you when you feel like avoiding the meeting/session. You might even sort them according to their force - their relative importance. Then make a list of the issues you'd like to consult with the counselor and think of the benefits you'd like to receive from such consultations. We'll see then what it will tell us (= us includes you, of course)... ;)

• 1 month later...