Mental Support Community

Confused and need some relationship/PDD/SPS advise

Cece.dedesl

You have a strong, confident voice here. You seem to know who you are, know what you want and need, and you express yourself clearly and calmly. I personally find all of this very admirable. I think there is beauty in embracing life and opening up our hearts. I'm sorry this relationship has become painful for you. :( I hope you can appreciate your own heart and know that your love always belongs to you.

We appreciate your contributions here.

Take care of yourself.

• 2 months later...

I am an insecure female (about my intelligence and decision making skills) and I have been working to not push my husband away with my neediness. The statement below really hit home for me and actually helped me label my feelings as insecurity...I vaguely knew what it was but hadn't named it yet.

I hope your situation has improved and I want to thank you for coming here and talking about this issue...without this thread I may never have seen what I am in danger of doing to my spouse and my relationship.

Insecure men, can't accept love. In fact, their need to prove they are unlovable is so self destructive that they can't even realize they destroy the people who love them in their quest to prove they aren't worthy.