Mental Support Community

guilt depression !! please Help !!

rex

some of my friends tell me that you mastruburate so much you will have problems during your married life .Now i am afraid if there is a problem whenever i will meet them they will discuss and laugh that becasue he was a prevert and mastruburated so much this has happened .

i think so but what people thinks about you is also very important suppose i make a new friend and if somebody tells him about me he will get negative impression . THE MAIN REASON OF MY STRESS IS WHAT IF IN FUTURE WHEREVER I GO THIS NEWS SPREADS (that i mastruburates) AS IT HAPPENED WHEN I MOVED FROM SCHOOL TO COLLEGE . If i am assured that this news will end with college i will be very very very happy :)

Rex, the problem is that there's very little useful that we have left to say. No one's going to hit on the magical phrase that ends your fears forever because such a phrase doesn't exist. In fact, if you've been getting little periods of relief from our reassurances, our attempts to support you may have actually made things worse, by temporarily reducing your need to go get help for yourself, which is the only way you'll find lasting relief for your problem.

Now, we'll be happy to support and encourage you in trying to find help, but there's no way anyone can reassure you enough to beat this obsession, simply because that's not how obsession works. You will always be able to think up new "what-if" situations to torment yourself with ...

I want that too, Rex. And I'm just as powerless to make it happen.

Maybe it would help not to think of it as "news". I don't think people care about this particular fact; they're just looking for some reason to make fun of someone. So, maybe the best idea would be to find people who don't have that need? The staggering majority of people in the world couldn't care less what you do in private. That doesn't mean that you're not important; it means that masturbation isn't that important.

Which makes me wonder what else is going on in your life, particularly when you're with other people ... But really, that's material for a therapist, and I'm not one. Please try to find a therapist; you'll feel better.

actually they never bully me and they dont care whether i am taking it seriously or not they just want to enjoy within themselves so they say about this and laugh among them but they never ignore me or something like that but i feel exposed that is the problem .

I also want someone to guide me but as i mentioned earlier this kind of problem which i have i cant discuss it with anybody here . That is why i am taking help on web. I am taking a medicine due to which my fear is reduced . But this guilt feeling and feeling of being exposed is not diminishing . I need suggestions ?

I also want someone to guide me but as i mentioned earlier this kind of problem which i have i cant discuss it with anybody here.

Rex, do you mean you can't discuss this with friends or family or do you also mean you can't talk with a counselor? Many people feel anxiety talking with a therapist about their struggles. Anxiety is something that you would be working with the therapist to try to reduce, though. You could also discuss and work with your feelings of guilt and being exposed.

Have you tried any of the relaxation techniques that have been suggested?