Mental Support Community

sub contractors

Okay, so I tried working with the local Rehabiliation center around here to find work since I couldn't find any and I qualifed for the help due to my ADHD and Bipolar.

Now there is a lot that went wrong and I don't think my worker believes me and she hasn't responed to two of my emails in a very long time and I don't know what's going on now, it's been a month since I heard from her.

What happened though that most concerns me is this company she sub-contracted to evulate me... These people are horrid. First, on the papers I was given it said that there was a "supervized Physcologist" with a woman's name and a "Registered Physcologist" with a male name. There was no male interviewing me that day, only the female.

Anyway, this cunt got so much wrong. Just raw facts like:

1. Put down the wrong persons/incompletely who reared me, never mentioning my bilogical father.

2. Got who I was raised with wrong/incomplete.

3. Had the wrong hometown, I was not raised EVER in the town they put down.

4. Put down the wrong reason I left school, did not differentiate between the fact that I went to both public schoo land private schoo and left each for two different reasons, confusing why I left public school for why I dropped out.

5. Put the wrong amount of years I was on medication.

6. Did not put down the correct reasons for why I stopped taking medication.

7. Misrepresented how I spend my sparetime. (They missed a lot of what i told them on this)

8. Misrepresented my religious experiences (she asked in great detail more than one would think is relevant).

9. Put down that I have access to a car and a Driver's Liscense... I do not, I even showed her my ID which cleary said on it "non-oper" and "NOT a driver's liscense" on the back in bold and underline.

10. It put down that I worked at a place that I did not, and I specifically said I did not work at the place she asked if what I was refering too... I told her it was an orietnal reastruant and she put down an Austrailain one.

11. She put down that I denied hallucinations, and I did. But she said I had "in fact" had had hallucinations and deulsions.

12. She put me down as the wrong type of Bipolar (She put Bipolar I, I'm actually Bipolar II) and diagnosed me with Schizotypal Personality disorder... I have NEVER been diagnosed that by the over half dozen doctors that have treated me in about a decade's time.

I left an angry message for my worker then emailed her, and giving her more details in the email with insults and angry things said about the company she said she would forward my PRIVATE email to the company. I have not heard from her since.

Honestly, this is fucking discrimination. I told that woman repeatably that it wasn't until my conversion that I experienced anything, and that was ONLY within a strictly intentional or ritualistic setting. Altered states of conciousness that are brought about by meditation are NOT hallucinations, they are spiritual experiences and these are practices that have been done for hundreds of years. I specifically told her that one of the branches I somewhat consider myself in has existed for about 900 years and is a branch of Hinduism and that it is practiced by tens of millions of adherents; this is a fucking world religion and my practices are very, very close to that religion in metaphysics and application. She may of thought I was being paranoid, but when you have been persecuted by Christians like me you really worry they will treat it as mental illness in these settings, AND THEY DID. That's not paranoia, that's being anxious about a legitiment concern.

These "hallucinations" are meditative practices that are ancient arts orginating in India, still practiced today by branches such as Ahgori Hinduis and Tibetian Bhuddists. These "dellusions" are simply differences in epistemological perceptions of the world, or simply a difference in belief. I am so sick of this, I feel like I want that woman to loose her job, she obviously can't do it! and considering all the other shit she got wrong, how the fuck can she be expected to get anyting else right??!!?

What can I do? I'm tempted to go down and talk to my worker and tell her what the problems are, but I also want to file a complaint with the company. I don't know what to do! I'm so sick of this bullshit! I do NOT have hallucinations.

Well, okay, it's clear that you're angry, and that you feel that the person who interviewed you didn't do a good job ...

Honestly, though, isn't calling her names actively working against you, in trying to fix this with your social worker? You have a solid case that she got a lot of verifiable facts wrong, which would make you more convincing when you talk about her opinions. But isn't getting angry just playing into the stereotypes?

Do you think the fact that she got your factual history wrong was discrimination based on your religious views? Didn't she take all that information before she even knew what your views were?

I think, in the long run, the real question is whether this will or won't have an effect on you being able to work with the Rehabilitation Center, right?

Well, okay, it's clear that you're angry, and that you feel that the person who interviewed you didn't do a good job ...

Honestly, though, isn't calling her names actively working against you, in trying to fix this with your social worker? You have a solid case that she got a lot of verifiable facts wrong, which would make you more convincing when you talk about her opinions. But isn't getting angry just playing into the stereotypes?

Do you think the fact that she got your factual history wrong was discrimination based on your religious views? Didn't she take all that information before she even knew what your views were?

I think, in the long run, the real question is whether this will or won't have an effect on you being able to work with the Rehabilitation Center, right?

What I meant was that the diagnosis she gave was based on the discriminatory view that my practices are inherently the result of mental illness and delusional and hallucinatory, despite being done by adherents of major world religions, being practiced by tens if not hundreds of millions, having many ancient holy texts speaking on them, and being done for thousands of years. I told her about meditation and altered states of consciousness, where one can sometimes interact with spirits or receive information about themselves or events… I told her that these things are often highly personal and subjective. I specifically made the claim that I wasn’t saying what I was seeing was real or objective like the table in front of us, and also brought up an ontological point about it not really mattering so long as it helped the person.

The fact that she got so much verifiable stuff wrong shows she didn’t listen, which puts her diagnosis in doubt.

As for working with the rebahabilition center… I only signed up with them to get help finding a job. If I don’t hear back from my worker I’m just about to say “screw it” and just go back to looking for a job by myself.

As for getting back in contact with my worker… she says that she doesn’t think that I’m ready for college but is willing to help me find work… ugh. IDK I’ll figure something out.

The fact that she got so much verifiable stuff wrong shows she didn’t listen, which puts her diagnosis in doubt.

Absolutely. But the best way to present that case is calmly and rationally, precisely because you're right.

You might also want to check on what Schizotypal PD actually implies; I'm not sure myself. I know it doesn't mean "schizophrenia", even though it starts the same.

I agree that if you don't get any help from the center towards getting a job, you should keep trying on your own.

I'm glad you're thinking positively enough to realize that you will figure something out.

Absolutely. But the best way to present that case is calmly and rationally, precisely because you're right.

You might also want to check on what Schizotypal PD actually implies; I'm not sure myself. I know it doesn't mean "schizophrenia", even though it starts the same.

I agree that if you don't get any help from the center towards getting a job, you should keep trying on your own.

I'm glad you're thinking positively enough to realize that you will figure something out.

What I got from wikipedia was this;

Schizotypal personality disorder
is a
characterized by a need for
, anxiety in social situations, odd behavior and thinking, and often unconventional beliefs. People with this disorder feel extreme discomfort with maintaining close relationships with people, and therefore they often do not. They frequently misinterpret situations as being strange or having unusual meaning for them; paranormal and superstitious beliefs are not uncommon. People with this disorder seek medical attention for things such as anxiety, depression, or other symptoms. Schizotypal personality disorder occurs in 3% of the general population and is slightly more common in males.

Now I can get how she thought that, but she only interviewed me for an hour through a corrupted lense. Any doctor who knew me for longer would know a lot of this isn't true. First, my anxiety in social situations is only durring confrontations. Second, I am not uncomfortable with close relationships, I actually crave them. I'm just not the best at it due to my bad non-verbal skills. As for "odd and unconvential beliefs" that seems really subjective. What's unconvential in one culture may be the norm in another. An example would be the the tiny tribe in africa that believes in animism (all objects having spirits or souls) versus someone who believes in conservative Christianity, or say the belief that eating meat is a sin as the animal has a soul might be odd in Russia, but it's not in say with some people in India.

You get what I'm saying? The ontological and epistemological question of if in my case if the entities I interact with are "real" or not are philosphical and religious ones, not health ones. It's only an issue if it gets in the way of my functioning, but far from it I told her that my practices (including experiences with various entities) have greatly helped me. And at that, it's not like everyday I see a spirit. They are few and far inbetween typically, and take a lot of hard work to even percieve. There has to be a lot of focused intention on my part for me to sense or see them at all.

I searched out a listing of the exact DSM criteria, but after a lot of words, I'm not sure it helped.

I don't think the diagnosis is intended to call into question your beliefs or how you arrived at them. Most therapists aren't going to address a client's belief system directly anyway, because most of them wouldn't be stupid enough to claim they know more than the next person about how we got here or who runs the show. I think most of them are focused more on helping their clients function in their daily interactions with other people. If, for instance, your beliefs conflicted with job requirements, or made it impossible to have friends, then maybe they would inquire into why. Personally, I can get through my day without talking about religion with my co-workers, and I expect them to do the same.

Difficulty with non-verbal skills is at least compatible with schizotypal, but I don't think that alone would be enough to diagnose (it's a feature of a lot of other things too.) Is it something you could practise? I bet a therapist would be able to give you feedback and someone to practise on, in an environment that's safer than practising on the random people you meet.

{And just a note: when I said earlier that schizotypal "starts the same" as schizophrenia, I meant purely that the words both begin with "schizo-" (which just means "split"), not that either condition leads to the other, over time.}

I don't see any doctors right now, so it's kind of moot. My worker doesn't seem to want to say much more on it, I tried to give her a coherent list of specifically wrong details. Anyway she's refering me to someone to help me find work as she doesn't think I should go back to college at this time and will adress it later.

Though honestly at this time I really don't care. I just want to do something in my area of experience, something physical, then I want to persue my other goals which really don't require college degrees.