Mental Support Community

Random question...

Girlfriend-here

Just curiously wondering as I think about all the men out there that worry about penis size, if u were at a point where u wanted to talk to someone professionally about ur worries and to learn to cope with dealing with problems associated with penis size, wld u rather speak to a man or a woman? I thought a woman cos they are subjective and don't have a penis.., or is it the other way around, talk to a man.... What would ur concerns be regarding confiding in either sex?

2 people at my work are going to Washington for 6 months and were looking at a trendy advice site:

Guess what the girls were laughing at TODAY at lunch....

http://www.doingthed...l/Samantha Says

So whilst many guys would like their advice from women they may be thinking that secretly they are like Samantha.

But if they get their advice from a guy they may suspect the guy simply doesnt know the truth....

in an ideal situation, i'd pick a therapist that openly has a low average or smaller than average penis. I prefer to relate to the person that's trying to help me.

Also, Jesse you need to stop doing what you are doing. I call bullshit on that entire site and I'd bet it's either written by a guy or is just fiction.

Thermo-

Alas its a well known site that mostly concentrates on many aspects of D.C.

Bars/entertainment/clubs/dating/food etc

A team of women contribute. This is one of several essays that Samantha wrote. Most of her essays are the run of the email and factual.

So im afraid the article and responses are genuine- and in my experience mirrors stuff that I have overheard from women all my life in the UK

Irma- i'm not entirely sure.

But my therapist tells me my behaviour is evident in nearly all guys like me. (her field is urology- based emotional problems)

Originally, I did research to hopefully confirm my hope that women didnt care.

Alas the stuff I have found, scientific or anecdotal confirmed the reverse.

Now I find myself doing it almost every day. Sometimes for hours at a time.

Maybe Im hoping to find some point of view, to kinda make it ok.

I dunno Irma. Maybe its a sado-masochistic thing.

Its usually worse when I hear something at work or on the telly from a woman.

Then all I do is go on the net and look crap up like this.

wld u rather speak to a man or a woman? I thought a woman cos they are subjective and don't have a penis.., or is it the other way around, talk to a man.... What would ur concerns be regarding confiding in either sex?

New here! Quote above... my response is the next one down... sorry I'm on my mobile.

I'm new here as of today. I'm 32. My personal answer to GH would be; either. That is if I decided to got to a Therapist. It'd be a roll the dice situation for me personally. I don't think a therapist could relate to my situation personally so I wouldn't feel comfortable talking about it. But if I did go, the shame would be equal sharing it with either gender.

I've read a couple of threads here tonight, and can relate to your guy's situation. I understand what you're going through. I have run off a couple keepers who'd repeatedly confirmed that they were ok with my size. I shut down any attempt at comfort from my partners. I'm also divorced from an 8yr relationship (four of those years married). So I know its possible to find that center that you are seeking with your guy. Divorce had nothing to do with my size.

Be patient with the guy, it might take time. Trust is the biggest issue and it has to be earned. Like a feral cat he's knows how the world treats him, and he wants what you're offering but he's scared. Being below "society's par" is a hard cope. I struggle every day.

I found a bit of comfort finding this site. I spotted a couple of users that I'd like to share with. I found comfort in finding that there are a couple of females sharing. I certainly hope you get what you're after.

Thanks dhole (haha) informative answer. So with the girls u run off I guess there was nothing they could do or say to change your mind? Do u regret letting them go?

So with my guy, that's not really mine, do u think its better to give him space or to pursue him...., dont wanna borderline stalk the guy if hes not going to budge and he feels bad every time I contact him...hard to know what the best thing to do is. At first I thought a weekend in the bedroom would be the solution but I have come to realise the depth of the pain associated with the issue is far greater then I realised :/

Well, Jessie is right. I would say persue it. How was everything prior to finding his issue? Did he appear very interested before becoming standoffish? There are so many variables....

Typically a weekend in the bedroom is not something most people would be want to pass up. I myself wouldn't. However, in the past I have actually felt inadequate during intercourse and it obviously kills the mood. That was about a decade ago and as time has passed and experience gained, I don't think I'd let it stop me these days, but I'm single for about 3yrs now so someone new could take some time to adjust. Everything is situation pending.

Just give it a whirl, take it one day at a time and be supportive. You can do that without being direct. Just support him as a person, and like Jessie says, let him know you enjoy yourself around him. I'm willing to bet he wants to be persued and/or wants to persue you as well. If he never comes around, it's his loss. Good luck!