Mental Support Community

I just came back

michmomof1

I'm not sure where this goes because I haven't been to this site in a long time. I decided to come back because I need support. A lot has changed since I have been here. My depression has gotten worse. I stopped going to therapy because I thought I didn't need it but now I do. Last weekend I tried cutting myself. I failed because the knives are cheap. It did leave marks and I was disgusted with myself because I didn't think I would ever do that. I thought about doing it again but I decided to make an appointment with my therapist instead. No one knows I did that yet. I just don't know what to do my moods are always changing like a roller coaster. Anyways I just thought id come back here I feel so alone and depressed and it is really wearing me out.

Hello, and welcome back, michmom.

It doesn't matter so much where you post. It's good that you reached out for support. Going back to therapy is a great idea as well. I'm sorry you are feeling alone and depressed. :( Do you have any way to ground yourself and calm down when you feel distressed? Sometimes even simply taking some deep breaths and stepping back from the emotion can help me. I hope you can be very gentle with yourself. We're here if it helps to keep expressing yourself.

(By the way, I loved Tweety Bird as a child. Brings back pleasant memories.)

Hello, and welcome back, michmom.

It doesn't matter so much where you post. It's good that you reached out for support. Going back to therapy is a great idea as well. I'm sorry you are feeling alone and depressed. :( Do you have any way to ground yourself and calm down when you feel distressed? Sometimes even simply taking some deep breaths and stepping back from the emotion can help me. I hope you can be very gentle with yourself. We're here if it helps to keep expressing yourself.

(By the way, I loved Tweety Bird as a child. Brings back pleasant memories.)

Thanks :) I write alot about how I feel or whatever I am dealing with. I love to read and just started back up again. I like getting lost into my own world. I decided to go back on medication to help with my depression.Hopefully that helps. I still feel kinda lousy though.