Mental Support Community

Right Now.

Brady

I'm new to this community, but I will now introduce myself. I am going to paint a picture for everyone; I am 14, a male, in the 9th grade, mildly short (about 5+ feet), mildly overweight (not excessively), and brown hair that goes to one's eyebrows. Now, imagine that person in the corner of a classroom, back of a bus, corner of the cafeteria. I'm not alone; I have friends, roughly five of them, and have been diagnosed (in a way), with depression. I am now taking Zoloft, 25mL, yet I've been depressed for about 4-5 months now. I've suffered a recent heartbreak (will talk about it later), and have definitely not benefited from this. I have never harmed myself intentionally or thought of it before. I hope that I will be able to open up more in this community later on, but for now I want to see what you think.

If you want to see what I think, I'm going to need to start drawing ... ;-)

I'm imagining "that person", and he sounds a lot like me at your age. {My forehead grew, later in life, I'm afraid.} I too had some heartache at 14, was lonely despite knowing some people. I was depressed, but self-harm never occurred to me, and my suicidal thinking came later.

So ... I think you'll fit right in here, or at least I hope so.

Welcome, I think that I can help a bit :)

Well maybe trying to find out the problem and expressing your thoughts/anger by sports, writing, drawing etc could help I'm nearly your age and practising your hobby makes you somewhat overcome depression and move on or talking to someone can help and bring out some anger or sadness

And also always remember that life can't get worser even if it did there would be something wrong that should get fixed and nothing can't be fixed and that there's always hope for a hunter gatherer dwelling lost the desert for some food to hunt and then ACCIDENTLY arrives in a mountainous area with food, rivers, other nice hunters who would welcome him, it's a hunter gatherer's paradise. Everyone has to go through some sadness at at least one stage of their life, whenever you loose hope just think that life can't be sad forever and having some experiences helps you in later harder experiences which comes in adulthood so having your backbone get harder when it's still forming developing and growing is actually a good thing.

Hope this helped :)

I'm glad to see some feedback from everyone. I have considered counseling because they offered it to me, and I don't whether or not to do it. I am happy to see some change in my mood, I think the Zoloft is starting to kick in. It makes me feel good when I know I'm not the only one who has felt this way before, yet bad to know that so many others have felt this way.

Thank you for caring about the rest of us, Brady.

You know, many of us find that easier than caring about ourselves. But it's okay to say you feel bad, if you feel bad, not to wallow in it but so that you know someone cares (you).

I think it helps a lot to have some talk therapy in addition to medication. In fact, I've heard it said that the medication is just to get you to a functioning level where you can work on what's causing the depression in therapy. People differ, of course; I've heard of people getting better on either therapy or medication separately, as well as in combination. It's the "getting better" that's the important thing to focus on. No one's supposed to be sad all the time.

Take care of yourself, okay?