Mental Support Community

i am 5 inches and need confidence by women

Bindy

Bindy, believe me (sorry, I'm not a woman), five inches is plenty. I have the same dimension, and the two women I have had sex with were both satisfied. In fact, the one who was the most impressed with my abilities in bed was the one who had many partners in her life. Your ex wife probably told you that you were too small specifically to manipulate you. I say, BULLSHIT! Move on and find a real woman.

I'm not a woman either, but I am a divorced man, and if I listened to everything my ex ever said about me, I'd be dead by now.

I mean that quite literally; it wasn't until I stopped listening that I stopped being suicidal.

It might be fun to ask her how she knows ... :-)

Um, that's not actually how it works around here, people telling one another to get out.

Instead, it might be worthwhile considering where the person you have a problem with is coming from. Humor may be his way of coping, for instance; I'm sure it wasn't meant to mock anyone, or at least not the man.

This is a hard enough problem to deal with without chasing off opinions just because they're different from yours.

See just the fact that you jokingly implied that she'll land with a man with a smaller penis disgusts me. It's a joke to you too. Why is that a fucking joke? A smaller penis. Get out of this forum

The way I read it, he's only saying that the ex wife will use a double standard. She might tell her ex that five is too small, knowing how it will embarrass him, but the next guy with four and a half would be fine for her.

I understand, siddiqui, and I don't hold it against you.

To me, though, the punchline was that she would probably accept anyone who'd pay the bills, regardless of size. And that's a very different message from the one you heard. The interesting question is, why do you and I hear different messages in the same words?

I am a indian guy who has only been with one woman and have now divorced and she said that i was small. i now have no confidence and want a woman's view please

I am a woman who appreciates and values a man for his mind and his heart. His body would then naturally be attractive to me exactly as it is.

You use the words "I am..." Can you use those words to describe other aspects of yourself?

How much do you know about 'Notdoneyet', siddiqui?

Here's his first post on our site, in a topic about penis enlargement sites:

I believe that in cases where this appears to work the guys who show improvement weren't really finished with puberty for some reason and it finally occurred.

I tried all sorts of manipulations manually and it never resulted in anything other than the 4.5 inches that I ended up with after puberty ceased at the age of thirteen or so. You have what you have and you need to learn to live with it. The very first thing you have to come to grips with is that it really doesn't matter what some potential relationship partner thinks about your stuff cause it's there for YOUR pleasure. Not his or hers.

In other words, the size he gave is his own. I doubt that he did that in order to make fun of someone.

Well, I just want to make sure you don't misinterpret my meaning ...

I'm not making this point to punish or humiliate you. I have an obvious interest in reducing hostility on the site, because it interferes with people hearing and supporting each other, but I'm a very reluctant censor.

I'm making the point because it's important to this forum. Everyone filters the opinions they receive through the opinions they already hold; undoubtedly, _I_ interpreted Notdoneyet's post through my own opinions and experiences. I'm not saying mine are right and yours are wrong, just that this situation demonstrates just how much this effect matters to different people's interpretation of the same words. The effect is accentuated when the words are typed, and there is no auditory or visual feedback to help. Even then, the results are quite different from person to person. Definitely, the smiley you saw as "smug" could have been chosen for a vast number of different reasons.

I'm harping on it, too, because you've talked about quality of evidence, that anecdotes of the experiences of individual other people mean less than controlled studies of large groups. I would submit that there's a quality of evidence that's even higher than that: one's own experience. If you can say about some particular experience, "I've felt that," you're never going to question its existence again.

So, if in the end you agree that your filters and mine produced two widely different readings of the same material, it might be interesting to wonder in what other ways your interpretations might be different from other people's. I can't direct that inquiry; that's your job, and your life. But I am suggesting it's an inquiry worth doing.

• 2 months later...