Mental Support Community

For the past several months and god only knows how much longer I've been having an immense amount of trouble with hallucinations, delusions, paranoia, depression, crippling anxiety, signs of agoraphobic tendencies, and that's just to start

I ended up in a CSU for a few days and got a preliminary diagnosis, but i don't have any medication right now and the voices are getting louder and more cognitive and I'd really like to know if there's anybody with experience with this? Does anybody know how to get through hallucinations without falling apart at the seams?

I have pretty much every type of hallucination you can think of, but so far they've been fairly mild, comparatively to what I know people can experience. But the tactile and auditory are keeping me from sleeping and I can't go to a clinic RIGHT now but I just need to get through the night so I can move towards medication in the future.

Hello, summonerswag, and welcome to our community. I love your kitty avatar. Very cute! :)

I'm sorry you're struggling with this. It sounds distressful. :( Has anything helped in the past? Would relaxation methods help? I'm not certain what might make things easier for you right now, but there are people who care. I can listen.

I hope you are feeling better.

Edited by IrmaJean
typos

Sorry this is coming so late, but if I'm in a crisis I call my therapist if it's daytime. If it's late at night, I phone LifeLine, they talk me down until I am exhausted enough to sleep. Is there anyone else you know you could contact? I'm a fan of hotlines - they're right there when you need them. Are they command hallucinations? Those are hard to deal with, you have my sympathy. I've not had them, I'm more the deluded type but from what I hear they are hard to ignore.

Did you get to sleep? How are you today? You're welcome to talk here.

Hi @IrmaJean I don't know if the tagging system works this way but why not try right? Well, relaxation methods sound nice, but usually the voices interject and really overwhelm me if I let my mind slow down. I usually try to distract myself as best I can, but last night they just got to the point that I was hearing them in the music and shows I tried listening to/watching and I was just having a lot of trouble getting past them.

@Luna I'm afraid I don't have a therapist as of yet, as my symptoms started when I was away at college for my first year (You can imagine how THAT turned out) and I recently got back home. I'm going to be looking at a place here in my town, but my family is very... "Conservatively traditional" and they're not very supportive of me reaching out to medical answers for my mental health. It's been very hard for me to get medication this way.

As for the auditory hallucinations, they're mostly saying my name, as if to get my attention, or it will just be random sentences as if someone is flipping through radio stations and nothing makes sense. However when things start getting worse they tend to start sounding more cognitive, actively calling me or grabbing me and saying my name as if they're taunting me, trying to make me panic. When it gets that way, tactile hallucinations and delusions of people being in the room are usually part of the deal.

I did get to sleep eventually but I had disturbing dreams and not very restful sleep at all. I'm still having trouble with the voices, but at least it's daylight? With my sometimes Silent Hill grade delusions/hallucinations, and my slight fear of the dark and what's hiding in it, night time can be the worst time for me. (Wow that's a lot of run-ons.)

What is your history, summonerswag? Have you ever been diagnosed? Have you ever been on meds for the psychosis? They are the generally accepted treatment for psychosis, although I believe psychotherapy can be useful, even if only to learn how to cope with it.

This place is always open so come here and type if the night-times are giving you troubles.

Over the past few days the voices have gotten considerably worse. I've had several prelkiminary diagnoses but I'v eyet to go anywhere for consistent treatment. One doctor thought DDNOS, the others have said Depression with Psychotic Symptoms, and others have said I'm possibly Schizoaffective. I've taken Effexor (Venlafaxine) on a fairly low dosage and they said they would like to crank it up to a much higher one to see how I do, but my insurance wouldn't pay for my Effexor until I had tried a more common (and far less expensive) SSRI like Prozac. I was recently on the Prozac for about a month just to say I'd tried it and my insurance could pay for the meds I really need, but as of now I'm not recieving any sort of medication, but tomorrow I hope to call a local center and see about making a very close appointment., I really need some help and things are getting kind of desperate

Yes, they do sound desperate. Make sure to mention the hallucinations when you go for your appointment as Prozac or Effexor are unlikely to help for them, you will need a different type of medication, like an anti-psychotic, at least until the depression lifts (unless they think it will resolve the psychosis to just treat the depression).

Please keep us updated and feel free to come and talk here. :)