Mental Support Community

Did your doctor not give you any medication or refer you to a psychiatrist? I think if you printed out this post and took it to the doctor, s/he may be able to see just how bad it is. Does your therapist know how desperate you are?

To finding my way, she knows all about the anxiety and hallucinations. I live in a very small town with underdeveloped mental health options. She doesn't do anything but say "that's crazy", "I wonder why that happens", or laugh awkwardly at the wrong times. I don't feel comfortable talking to her. :( My med doctor isn't much help either. I talked to him about the panic attacks, hallucinations, and chronic vomiting and weight loss and he told me that there was nothing I could do about it and that it was "something that was just going to have to suck". I feel like I'm falling apart physically as well as emotionally. I'm always sick and since I vomit so much I've began to vomit blood almost every time. i know that is because I'm tearing up my esophagus but this can't be good for my body and I can't afford to go to the hospital again. I'm still paying off the bill from last time.

To Luna-, I am perscibed 20mg of Lexapro. In the past I have been given prozac, zoloft, and a low dosage of zyprexa. My therapist knows exactly how I feel, but as I mentioned to finding my way, she's not very good at doing her job. :/

Sorry for the late response. I've been working since 5am and just got home. I'll be in all night though.

Gosh, I don't know what to suggest, other than going back to the doctor or therapist and insisting that something is very wrong and they need to do something. Do you know anyone else you could tell; this to and perhaps have them advocate for you?

I'm pretty much on my own. My dad's an alcoholic and more involved with my step family, and my mom is currently on a meth binge trying to discover more about my aunt's murder. It's scaring me because I'm actually very close to my mother but she isn't in the position to help me. I'm so afraid that I'm going to lose her too that I can't stand it. I will definently ask my doctor to refer me to a psychiatrist the next time I see him but that won't be until the end of the month.

Sometimes it can take a while to get medical attention :( I hope you can still push for getting what you need, even though that must be so hard :o Meanwhile, maybe we can talk about ways to handle stress? Has your therapist given you any tools to try? Learning breathing techniques can help. Exercise. Pulling yourself into the present moment while looking at something in nature can give you a chance to rest. These can sound too simple, but over time they are powerful.

The natural world is full of soothing input. Flowers and grass, and even rain falling, can be soothing. I even use pictures of greenery at work, to mellow out the gray cubicle walls.

Can you nail down more clearly which part of your environment is the most stressful? Perhaps it's to the point where you need to go somewhere else, away from whatever the worst sources are? For one thing, you might have better access to health care, and less access to murders ...

Hello. I am so sorry to hear about all you are going through and have gone through. I can hear how stressed you are. I know that sometimes it's hard to put things into words so perhaps if you printed out what you wrote, as Luna suggested, and showed it to your therapist, he/she might get a better idea of how to better help you? I have seen a psychiatrist and the meds he gave me have helped me. I've realised they are not a cure all, but they do help. I wish I could help you more. (((((hugs to you)))))