Mental Support Community

Emetaphobic suicide

EmetaphobicJosh

Hi all, I am Josh!

I suffer from a phobia known as Emetaphobia, this is a a fear of being sick. My phobia is getting increasingly worse as I have had it for 6 years maybe and although that may seem a small amount of time to some, when you fear breathing it drags. I'm well educated, I am studying criminology at university and have a glamorous girlfriend. I love the gym and my family and come across as a normal guy until... The winter months hit and the sickness bug shows it's ugly face infecting everyone around me, My mind shuts down and I enter a serious and constant anxiety filled mood that keeps me awake at night and causes me to have night terrors. I have recently considered suicide, the only reason I haven't done it is because I couldn't do it to my mother! But if I get sick I'm hanging myself from the attic, I have the noose and it's a good drop.

I am at this moment in time in a deep state of depression as people, even my mum, just don't understand and state "nobody likes being sick" which is a lie as I knew a girl.. Never mind, the point being is that people don't take notice and in all honesty I wouldn't be contemplating suicide if it was that simple of a problem.

Other details, I'm 20! Been accepting to join the army (not got my depression on any medical records) as an officer. I love dogs :) and hate heights.. Going upside down isn't cool either :/

I may sounds bubbly but I am serious about ending my life as it is less painful that being sick.

If I get this bug I will kill myself and there is nothing anyone can do to help me.

Then it seems important to get help for your phobia before you get sick, doesn't it?

I've been suicidal, in my life, and so I don't doubt the severity of this issue for you, even if I don't share it. I haven't heard an "empty" threat of suicide; to me, every person thinking of dying at their own hand is important.

Could the girl you knew have anything to do with your phobia? I just wonder. But the most important thing in my mind is getting you the professional help you need to beat the phobia. Can you do that for yourself?

Hi all, I am Josh!

I suffer from a phobia known as Emetaphobia, this is a a fear of being sick. My phobia is getting increasingly worse as I have had it for 6 years maybe and although that may seem a small amount of time to some, when you fear breathing it drags. I'm well educated, I am studying criminology at university and have a glamorous girlfriend. I love the gym and my family and come across as a normal guy until... The winter months hit and the sickness bug shows it's ugly face infecting everyone around me, My mind shuts down and I enter a serious and constant anxiety filled mood that keeps me awake at night and causes me to have night terrors. I have recently considered suicide, the only reason I haven't done it is because I couldn't do it to my mother! But if I get sick I'm hanging myself from the attic, I have the noose and it's a good drop.

I am at this moment in time in a deep state of depression as people, even my mum, just don't understand and state "nobody likes being sick" which is a lie as I knew a girl.. Never mind, the point being is that people don't take notice and in all honesty I wouldn't be contemplating suicide if it was that simple of a problem.

Other details, I'm 20! Been accepting to join the army (not got my depression on any medical records) as an officer. I love dogs :) and hate heights.. Going upside down isn't cool either :/

I may sounds bubbly but I am serious about ending my life as it is less painful that being sick.

If I get this bug I will kill myself and there is nothing anyone can do to help me.

I know how u feel bro

I suffer from anxiety, its an awful feeling I know. ( I think the worst in everything and try to avoid people getting hurt or dying, constantly checking and washing my hands) I sometimes think maybe it be easier if I was to end my life then I wouldn't have to deal with the worry. but then I think what a waste I wouldn't know how things would turn out, I couldn't do the things I want to do. I understand that getting sick is a fear of yours but you have to think everyone gets sick its something our bodies do to fight of infection. you also have to think of your future with you girlfriend and the memories you two can make together. you need to face your fears to overcome them. xx