Mental Support Community

Holiday Wishes

gone

Every year I try to stop and count my blessings. I know some of you guys have an intense dislike for this time of year. I can understand that.

I wish this problem didn't exist. I wish this site and forum didn't have to be here to help guys like us. But with the current state of society, relationships and sexuality I don't see it changing soon. All we can do is try to cope.

I'm not nearly as fond of Christmas as I used to be, but I know I have some things to be thankful for.

My mom and dad are still here and kicking around. Dad still drives, mows his lawn and works on his house at 77. They still bicker and fuss at each other, and love each other as much as they did 57 years ago when first married.

I did lose my last grandparent this year, but it was quick and not painful. She was 95 years old. She drove and lived independently until she was 87.

My kids are doing well and in good health. Sarah and her mom want to go back to China to visit grandma/mom again this year. I didn't know if we'd have the money but mother in law said she'd buy the tickets. Now my daughter also wants to go. She's never met her great grandmother, but it seems great grandma and grandpa would really like to meet her. My girl's involved in a lot of school and after school activities. I don't know if school and other obligations will work out.

Through the year, my mood and outlook seem to swing back and forth like a pendulum. Coming here and reading how you guys are doing helps sometimes. I wish I could invite you all to a big sit down meal and just bulls--t with you a while. I'd enjoy meeting all of you.

If you're religious, I hope you go and worship at whatever place you consider holy. If you're not, I hope you surround yourself with family and friends. If you're invited to a party or get together, GO! You never know who you'll meet.

Stop and consider any positives you might have going for yourselves and concentrate on that for a little while.

No strings attached, no afterthoughts or second guessing. Sincerely, Have a

Merry Christmas.......Happy Holidays.

• 3 weeks later...