Mental Support Community

Need Help

Esruc

As you all know by now, I am a pedophile. I have been able to avoid children fairly well, but that is going to become very difficult. Actually, it will be almost impossible. I am going to be living with a child in a few weeks. My aunt is moving in for a few weeks with me and my mother, and she is bringing her daughter with her. I'm terrified. I don't know what to do.

Infrared, could we please be respectful of ALL members of this community? This is NOT a competition.

Esruc, I am sorry to hear you are finding yourself in such a bind. Sexual attraction doesn't mean we have to act upon our impulses.

Avoidance isn't a permanent solution, exposure can be extremely helpful in moving forward. This may be a very difficult experience for you, but it could also be very rewarding.

It is an opportunity to learn your own limits and a chance to practice dealing with your impulses. If necessary, you must take yourself out of the situation to prevent any harm coming to any person involved. This is a chance to learn to trust in yourself, to know that you can separate your desires from your actions, to know what is right and what is wrong.

Take care.

.It is an opportunity to learn your own limits and a chance to practice dealing with your impulses.

And what if my limits go too far? What if I can't control it? How can you even suggest such a thing?

If necessary, you must take yourself out of the situation to prevent any harm coming to any person involved.

I may have to to runaway. I don't have many other options.

Esruc, I know that you and I have had our share of negative confrontations in the past (both here and in another online community), but when I see someone who is struggling because of his attractions, I feel genuine empathy. Having been in a similar position to the one you describe, I have to ask why you think you'll step out of line and do something you'll regret. Have you done something before that really makes you question your ability to control yourself, or are you basing this all largely on "what if" scenarios? There have been two times in the past where I went to the beach, and upon arrival, I started to panic. Several times, I've been entrusted with the care of my little cousin for a brief period of time. It can be a scary thought, but there's something liberating about being in that position and realizing that you can act as a respectful, responsible individual.

As you all know by now, I am a pedophile. I have been able to avoid children fairly well, but that is going to become very difficult. Actually, it will be almost impossible. I am going to be living with a child in a few weeks. My aunt is moving in for a few weeks with me and my mother, and she is bringing her daughter with her. I'm terrified. I don't know what to do.

well all i can say it good luck too u and Why i'm sure that she daughter is not so bad

Have you done something before that really makes you question your ability to control yourself

I have always had terrible self control. I'm always doing things I tell myself I won't. Whether it's eating when I'm not hungry or going somewhere I know there will be children.

I have always had terrible self control. I'm always doing things I tell myself I won't. Whether it's eating when I'm not hungry or going somewhere I know there will be children.

I've also got terrible self-control with some things. I'm 40lbs overweight, and have struggled to control it my entire life. I eat when I know I shouldn't, and I don't go to the gym when I know I should. Still, it's in a totally different league. If you could assign a numerical value of consequence to different acts A} eating when you shouldn't an B} molesting a child, surely, you could tell that one is a lot more dangerous and is far more important to avoid. It's not fair to yourself to compare your ability to control your sexual desires to your ability to control your food intake.