Mental Support Community

small penis syndrome or small penis support ?

Senior penor

A lot depends on how you define "mental health issue". Actually having a small penis is not a mental disorder, a mental illness; that's true. However, the stress and the poor self-image that go with believing that having a small penis matters are mental health issues, whether the belief is true or not, whether the penis is small in fact or not. Hence, we have people here from across the size spectrum, despite the fact that the issues that various guys face differ depending on where they are.

The key to any support site is the ability to sympathize with others, whether their problems are the same as ours or not. It's possible that we could all agree that none of us wishes others to have the same problems we do.

I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering, but I don't think you've come the right place for support or sympathy. I think you recognize what your issue is, and it has nothing to do with your penis. You're right that penis size has nothing to do with SPS, it's just way easier to cure when, empirically, you don't have a small penis. This is the right place if you feel it is negatively affecting your life, but from reading your posts it doesn't sound like it's bothers you that much.

Before I met my wife id had many sexual partners (roughly 30) and fooled around with possibly 20 others so im way past being a virgin. Nobody ever complained as they didnt have any reason to.

I mean, what do you want to gain from posting here?. <sarcasm>Congrats on having a larger than average penis, thank you for your sympathy for having a smaller than average penis.</sarcasm> Seriously, I hope you can find inner peace in your life. If your penis size is actually bothering you, maybe you could talk about that and some of us could say something supportive.

I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering, but I don't think you've come the right place for support or sympathy. I think you recognize what your issue is, and it has nothing to do with your penis. You're right that penis size has nothing to do with SPS, it's just way easier to cure when, empirically, you don't have a small penis. This is the right place if you feel it is negatively affecting your life, but from reading your posts it doesn't sound like it's bothers you that much.

I mean, what do you want to gain from posting here?. <sarcasm>Congrats on having a larger than average penis, thank you for your sympathy for having a smaller than average penis.</sarcasm> Seriously, I hope you can find inner peace in your life. If your penis size is actually bothering you, maybe you could talk about that and some of us could say something supportive.

I haven't SAID troll, but I'm thinkin it.

Sorry I pissed in your Cheerios. I don't have OCD and you don't have a small penis. You don't want a small penis and I don't want OCD. Now... since O.C.D. stands for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder What is your obsession and what does it compel you to do. Since you deleted your first post and most others in this thread I don't know much other than the little bits and pieces that others have quoted from your post before you deleted them. Is the SPS causing the OCD or is it the other way around? Have you sought treatment for your OCD if so what, if anything did you learn from that?

Off topic and to the Administrators...It is getting really difficult to follow some of these threads because of people deleting their post. Would it be possible to put a "grace period" on editing or deleting posts. I.E. 24 hours? Also I think it would be a good idea if a person deletes his/her first post and subsequent posts in a thread that the entire thread be deleted. What is the use of keeping such threads intact?

Your situation sounds legitimate (i.e., not trolling), and it is a lot different than what most conversation here has been about. For what its worth, I share your desire to keep medicines at a minimum. I think psychological medications probably come with some of the worst side effects. But I understand that you don't need people telling you your dick is big enough...you already know that. There is a deeper mental issue that needs to be dealt with. Darned if I know how best to support you, but I hope you can take some needed encouragement here.

Senior, you don't need to apologize for anything and I didn't think you were trolling. You need support for OCD, and I think you know that. I don't know the first thing about how to offer you support for that. I think Malign is spot on(as per usual) in that it's important to be sympathetic towards others struggling with MH issues and we all(at least those of us who are not yet consumed with bitterness) wish that you can find relief from what ails you. This site offers lots of different boards for lots of different MH conditions. If you want people to relate to, go over to the anxiety board where you will find people struggling with the same issues.

I came here hoping to find people with similar problems and maybe learn some coping strategies from them but all I found is a load of guys who are pretty narrow minded and dont belive that I could possibly have an issue.

I have a young family and id like to spend the time I waste obsessing with them rather than on stupid websites that dont really help my situation at all

I'm disappointed that you were upset with the support you received on this board. I'm sorry you feel that we are narrow minded and don't believe that you have an issue. I haven't seen that coming from anyone. I personally said that I believe your issue is related to OCD and not your penis, but mostly everyone is sympathetic to the pain you are feeling. But it's difficult to find empathy when you say something like "Nobody ever complained[about my penis] as they didnt have any reason to." on a board specifically devoted to men who feel inadequate. I am learning about OCD as I read your posts, and for that I am grateful because, however lame and cliched, knowledge is power. It sounds like that is your reasonable side speaking, while your unreasonable side is what drove you to seek support from this site. I don't know if the posters on this particualr board are equipped to offer support for these issues, and I know for certain that I am not. And I don't want to pile on or make you feel any worse because it sounds like you are in a bad place right now, but not finding adequate support for OCD on an SPS forum is your fault for picking the wrong forum, not our fault for being narrow minded. I'm a lot of things, narrow minded is not one of them. If you disagree with what I'm saying and really want support for SPS in particular, maybe you could open up and give us an idea about what unreasonable thoughts you are having about your penis, because I have only seen you saying that your physical penis isn't actually an issue.

And I'm gonna have to agree on the deleting things. If you can't feel safe expressing your feelings on an anonymous board for mental health issues, nobody on this entire site will be able to help you? Just leave things up, none of us know who you are IRL, and even if by some odd way we could figure it out, none of us would care. As to the SPS board, if you read some of the other topics you'll realize that many of us understand the importance of anonymity when talking about our small penises.

Here, let me help....

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, I'm new here on the SPS forum. I'm married and was a fairly happy guy until here lately. I've had doubts creep in as to my size and relating to my wife and current life.

My measurements are on the high side of normal, and I've had my fair share of lovers and female 'sex play' partners when younger. But it seems here lately doubts have been creeping in as to whether I'm large enough to really please my wife. No, she's not making any complaints at all, she says she really enjoys my lovemaking. But I still have doubts that come and go.

Sometimes they're so severe I feel like I'm driving myself crazy. It's like I have two people locked up in my brain, one very reasonable and reassuring that says I'm fine and my relationship is solid. The other screams at me telling me I'm inadequate and 'small'.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Use this, say something like this and you've got every guy (and woman) on this site on your side and wanting to help.

Start dropping numbers (high ones) and you've immediately got some folks hackles up and the skepticism flowing.