Mental Support Community

Can anyone give me a reason to live?

dvnJ22

You really think there's such thing as a "successful" person? I mean, other than the obvious "im the best me" sense, of course, because as stated earlier that's hardly an objective measure. Personally, I think we're all just "losers" in the most relevant sense- since we never feel like (and usually never are) the best at anything (and in most cases, there can never be a number one in the category anyways). We all die alone as Donnie Darko so elegantly put it, and its practically all for nothing.

Yup, life is worth nothing. This isn't a cry for help, if there is anything worth living for I want to know, I've ran out of ideas, and I wanted to see what people thought here. I guess for them it's enough, but I don't think so. Suicide sounds better. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow, or the next day, Thursday, and Friday are the days I will have privacy to do it .

Could you be blended with a "take charge" manager part of yourself right now, dvn? He can't control things so he'll quit the game. A lot of us have been at this place. Trouble is, this part of you is not open to what else is possible for you. He may be too stuck on the pain of not being able to control what he feels he needs to control. Can you take one step back and look at things from a different place? There is always more than one way to view a situation. If you feel there is only one way, that's a tip off that you are taken over by a part of you. It is useful to learn how to not get too swayed by a take over.

I found this article very interesting. It goes along with what finding wrote about there being both darkness and light. The study was done on women experiencing post-partum depression, but possibly some of the findings apply too to depression in general.

http://blogs.psychce...-to-depression/

Edited by IrmaJean
clarifying/adding

Yes I do, my family is part of a cult, and I'm under investigation by a religious court. When the ruling is passed down my family will shun me. In the very near future it is possible I won't have my family because I disagree with their religion. Plus living for my family is not enough, I've tried it, and I'm just existing.

I'm sorry this kind of trial and threat is going on for you :(

Can you imagine life apart from this drama? Is there any where you can go?

Hang in there.

You could try mentally swapping places with someone who is paralysed from the neck down for a few minutes, imagine the indignity of a care worker cleaning you intimately like you are a baby, there are people who have to put up with that every day. They get to watch a lot of TV.

Then if you go for a run or play ball in the yard you will realise you are fortunate, and kicking a ball is a privilege.

It does get better, hang in there.

Hang in there.

You could try mentally swapping places with someone who is paralysed from the neck down for a few minutes, imagine the indignity of a care worker cleaning you intimately like you are a baby, there are people who have to put up with that every day. They get to watch a lot of TV.

Then if you go for a run or play ball in the yard you will realise you are fortunate, and kicking a ball is a privilege.

It does get better, hang in there.

That such bullshit, I hate when people try, and make you compare yourself to someone who has it worse. It's completely irrelevant, and is just a bandaid on a gunshot wound.