Mental Support Community

Can anyone give me a reason to live?

dvnJ22

You're entitled to an opinion.

And for some reason, you feel it important to tell it to me, rather than all the millions of other things you could be doing right now.

Any ideas about why?

Doesn't matter why. It's my right to commit suicide, and will exercise my right.

And btw no one has "laid it out" about anything I've asked.

And I can't stop you, so whether I would try or not if I could is moot.

So, you're here, telling us your intention. Any interest in telling us more about what you're experiencing, why you're so angry and at whom?

And I can't stop you, so whether I would try or not if I could is moot.

So, you're here, telling us your intention. Any interest in telling us more about what you're experiencing, why you're so angry and at whom?

No I do not. No one here believes in anything real anyway, everything is just created in their minds according to them. No one believes in anything right or wrong.

And I tried to lay it out, as best as I understood the question.

I'd try again, if you cared to clarify what you're asking.

Yes you laid out your experiences. I wasn't talking about you btw. I'm talking about those who are making promises, and biased remakes about what my life could be like without explaining what it could be like. they use such board terms, such as "happy", "positive", "experiences". They say nothing in life is good or bad, yet then say life can be good.

But you were specifically refusing to talk about you at the same time. We're sort of circling a conversation here.

I'm willing to have a real one if you are.

You said good and bad doesn't exist. You refuse to speak in any objective terms, so no matter what I'm going through you are just going to shit on it saying I'm making it all up in my mind.

You're allowed to say that they do exist, and define them, if that works for you.

The difficulty always is that if good and evil exist, people want the same definitions to apply to everybody; they want objectivity, an impartial judge.

Does that strike you as the way the world has operated in your life, so far?

You're allowed to say that they do exist, and define them, if that works for you.

The difficulty always is that if good and evil exist, people want the same definitions to apply to everybody; they want objectivity, an impartial judge.

Does that strike you as the way the world has operated in your life, so far?

See. Fine then tell that to rape victims.

dvn,

You are rejecting every reason, for you to continue to live, that the members here have given you. You’ve pushed back and are responding with anger to people who genuinely want to help you. Maybe your anger is both about your problems and is keeping you alive for now. I don’t know.

If you’d like specific suggestions that might help with your current problem, you’ll have to share what it is that has you so hell bent on the notion that dying is the only solution for you, and you have to be willing to at least consider what’s being offered.

You’re acting like someone throwing a temper tantrum. What’s got you so angry?

You want specific details on how suicide affects those who knew you, I can give you that. Do you want specific details on my suicide attempts and thoughts and what helped me? Do you want to know what keeps me living, what’s so great about my life now?

Please define what “substantial” means to you. Give an example of something someone could write that would be substantial to you?

Like it or not, we are trying to help you. How about helping us help you?

You are trying to help me by insulting me?

Tell what to rape victims, that justice is an extremely difficult concept?

I've spoken to a few. Most of them wonder what kind of justice would have allowed them to be raped in the first place, and I have no answer for them.

Do you?

Tell what to rape victims, that justice is an extremely difficult concept?

I've spoken to a few. Most of them wonder what kind of justice would have allowed them to be raped in the first place, and I have no answer for them.

Do you?

Yup just tell them to get over it. Rape isn't bad. It's all in your minds, it only matters how you view it. Rape isn't bad it's just your opinion. Everyone is saying it's all my fault because I haven't looked at things the right way.

The point is that even justice isn't going to unrape them. Then what do they do, just commit suicide because of what someone else did?

I don't mind sarcasm, dvn, but I do recognize it. Is it helping you?

The point is that even justice isn't going to unrape them. Then what do they do, just commit suicide because of what someone else did?

I don't mind sarcasm, dvn, but I do recognize it. Is it helping you?

Nice side steeping

Note I never talked undoing anything.

You are one angry person today. I and every rape survivor I know would disagree with you.

Way to misread my post. You missed how malign says nothing is wrong. Therefore he thinks rape, and murder are not actually wrong. And actually everyone here believes that because they've all said nothing is wrong. It's all in our minds.

No, I have an issue with sarcasm used when talking about rape.

Offer up something you want to discuss about yourself.

Wasn't being sarcastic. I was giving an example to show the people here how stupid they being.they have literally said nothing is wrong. Every time I give a problem I always get blamed because I can't see a sliver lining.

What am I sidestepping? Do you have a concept of justice that would make everything better for a rape victim?

It's precisely because I don't know of one, that I don't believe one exists, that I'm forced to try other methods to help them.

Do I understand that you feel that if justice were done, the way you believe it should or can be, that things would be better for rape victims, in some way?

What am I sidestepping? Do you have a concept of justice that would make everything better for a rape victim?

It's precisely because I don't know of one, that I don't believe one exists, that I'm forced to try other methods to help them.

Do I understand that you feel that if justice were done, the way you believe it should or can be, that things would be better for rape victims, in some way?

That's not what the conversation is about. You said NOTHING is bad. Therefore you don't think rape is bad.

Again, what is wrong in your life that you would like to discuss?

I was willing to discuss earlier, but not now. Everything I will say will be belittled and invalidated. Every time I have problem people here tell me it's all in my mind. Or they say I'm being a jerk because little babies in Africa are starving. So no I don't want to speak to people here about personal details. While they say they care they don't. I could kill myself now, and no one would care.

I can't stand the goddamn hypocrisy here. Everyone here can sit here, and tell me evil, and good do not exist. I take their viewpoint to the logical conclusion, and they say I'm trigging them. My mother, and my uncle are rape victims. So stop trying to turn around on me. Why don't you look at others and malign who are saying these things are not bad.

The cognitive dissonance is rampant.

How do you think I feel when everyone here is telling me my feelings don't matter? My depression, my pain is just in my head, it's not really bad. All you have to do is just view it differently.

You took my viewpoint to its "logical conclusion". You'll note that 'ken Ian' did not support my argument at all; he just happened to post in between while I was making it. I'm pretty sure he feels that good and evil exist.

For that matter, I feel similarly, but you've interpreted my unwillingness to believe that good and evil are objective somehow, as condemnation of your entire life's pain. I believe that you feel bad, and that you have good reason to, though I'm somewhat limited about what those reasons are.

What I don't understand is what you hope that my knowing how bad you feel will do. I can't reduce it, or work backwards in time to prevent it. I can't even work forwards to bring those responsible for it to justice, though I can hope it happens. What do you hope that I can do?

You took my viewpoint to its "logical conclusion". You'll note that 'ken Ian' did not support my argument at all; he just happened to post in between while I was making it. I'm pretty sure he feels that good and evil exist.

Well I'm glad you admit it. I'm not interested in speaking to another human like you.

Dvn, I hope you will reconsider talking about what is troubling you.

I've already talked about my various problems on this site. I'm not interested in going through it again. All I asked was what makes life worth living. You say things like good things can happen, it will get better. Well what do you mean by that? What is the hope that will happen in my life? Seriously people here are just saying things.