Mental Support Community

Can anyone give me a reason to live?

dvnJ22

dvn, I was triggered by the mention of rape today. It wouldn't matter who mentioned it. I had to step away.

I do believe good and evil exist. I've had a lot of experience being on the receiving end of some very evil thinking and some very evil actions. After one very traumatic life event, for a bit, I had evil thoughts. I wanted revenge. I wanted payback. I wasn't so much interested in justice at that time. That thinking didn't sit well with me, thankfully. Enough about me.

I'm sorry about your mother and uncle were raped. That was wrong. That horrific trauma effects the entire family, doesn't it?

Look, I'm trying to let you know I think I understand some of what you feel,from living through my own experiences. What I know for certain is it is painful to live through. You have, so you know that.

Thank you. You can also see why I am upset at people who say every thing is just made up in our minds. Yes rape is evil, no doubt about it. My uncle was abused, then abused my mom, and then my mother would speak about removing male genitals around me as a young boy. I reason to believe my sister was abused by someone as well.