Mental Support Community

I can't feel anything

Bernas24

Hi Bernas, and welcome.

We're not going to be able to diagnose you here, but my personal feeling is that you're probably not a psychopath simply because you care that you might be. On the other hand, you've clearly been through some difficult events, ones that most people would need help to process. Do you have access to any sort of counseling?

Hello Bernas and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear what you are going through. Why do you think counselling won't help you? That could just be depression talking and telling you so. When we get really depressed we think nothing and no one can help or even understand us. The feeling of not being able to love to care about anything is part of being depressed also. I've felt like that for many years and still struggle to understand what it feels like to love and my thinking that I am unable to love. It really is part of being depressed so my advice is to give counselling a chance. Take care.

Sometimes hard situations disconnect yout emotions so much that you even cannot feel depress -And you may be...though, It may also be some kind of dissociation...Apathy is caused by a lot of different stuff-

Anyway, It doesn't mean that you are a psychopath...