Mental Support Community

• 2 months later...

I have not had a beer since the Friday after Thanksgiving and am feeling physically well praise God. Not saying I have quit completely because that is not my goal, my goal is to cut out the drinking alone which just leaves me physically and emotionally devastated.

Here's wishing everyone a positive and productive 2015!

• 1 month later...

Just an update: I am still not drinking thank God. There is no way I would have survived what I have been going through on the job these last couple weeks if I had any alcohol coursing through my veins.

I am the kind of person that when I feel good physically and emotionally I can get through anything. It might not always be pretty but I survive.

The problem w booze and pot etc is where does it end? You consume more and more and to what end? You can't drown or burn your troubles, they are immune. You are better off facing it at your best.

well done victim. i like your post, except the "thank god" part, lol.

Just an update: I am still not drinking thank God. There is no way I would have survived what I have been going through on the job these last couple weeks if I had any alcohol coursing through my veins.

I am the kind of person that when I feel good physically and emotionally I can get through anything. It might not always be pretty but I survive.

so you do handle stuff well, just as small suspected; so don't try to deny it ;) .

The problem w booze and pot etc is where does it end? You consume more and more and to what end? You can't drown or burn your troubles, they are immune. You are better off facing it at your best.

my thoughts exactly.

Thanks resolute, good comments. I hope things turn around for you too. One of the things that is key is finding something you are passionate about. Emotion is the fuel that fires the engine.

What's freaky is that when you get off booze (or dope) at first your life seems worse. The reason of course is that you are seeing it clearly and correctly instead of through beer goggles or bong haze and you brace yourself for that because a part of you wants to run back to the intoxicant.

thanks man.

the only semi-addiction that i have is masturbating, which i could easily give up if i had access to some quality pussy. i'm pretty much immune to all intoxicants except for one that's inescapable, yes you guessed it, the aforementioned elusive pussy.

i apologize for "inserting" pussy (pun intended) in your alcohol topic, but as john says, i'm incorrigible ;) .

• 2 weeks later...

One thing anyone struggling w substance abuse issues needs is patience. Recovery takes time. I get so impatient and frustrated w myself but it has only been since Thanksgiving that I have been 100% sober. That other big challenge is finding things to do w the time formerly spend chugging swill.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I was successful at not drinking last night, Friday night. Friday night used to be a big drinking night for me but lately I am so tired from the week that I really don't need it and just crash out early. But now it's Saturday and it is harder to not indulge on Saturday night as I have little to do in the way of fun.

• 1 month later...